Is there a record for the oldest rear facing kid in the US/Canada?

ADS

canadiangie

I think there was a little guy named Quinn on bbc who made it to 6 or something.

There are a few 5 yo's here, so I know 5 isn't a record.

Who knows...

Eta: I looked Quinn up. He made it to 5y 10m rf in a classic MA.

robbertbobbert

Aurezalia said:
I know there's not an actual record, but my guess would be 9yo Katie from theblessingofverity.com

Yeah I instantly thought of her too! I wonder if she's still RF at 10. She would certainly fit.

tam_shops

Which seat is Katie in?

Congratulations to them!

My oldest was 5yr11mth. He's ridden since at 6 1/2, but wasn't happy about it!

tam

Aurezalia

that is awesome!!

Not particularly... She fit because she had been severely malnourished and neglected at an orphanage in... Bulgaria? 10lbs at 9 years old. :(

Which seat is Katie in?

Congratulations to them!

My oldest was 5yr11mth. He's ridden since at 6 1/2, but wasn't happy about it!

tam

I believe she came home in a Britax Chaperone? Not sure what she's in now or if she is still RF'ing.

brookity

I am 99% positive that my DD would still fit rear-facing in a Classic Marathon. She was right at the limit (both height and weight) of the Combi Shuttle that I gave as shower gift last month. I wish I would have taken a picture. I know for sure that she still fits in the Radian XTSL. She turned six mid-July.

tam_shops

Not particularly... She fit because she had been severely malnourished and neglected at an orphanage in... Bulgaria? 10lbs at 9 years old. :(

I believe she came home in a Britax Chaperone? Not sure what she's in now or if she is still RF'ing.

Sorry, I didn't read the link or follow the story. I assumed she was a petite 9yo in a Swedish seat...How sad. How wonderful and lucky that is is alive at 10# and 9yo. What a blessing.

tam

nevaehsmommy

There was a little girl on a TLC show that was 16 years old but still wearing toddler sizes. And then those children who have dwarfism. Another TLC show , had a teenager who was still in a harnessed seat in moms car. I am sure he could have rearfaced.

christineka

If you want to go with non-special needs children, I know someone popped up on the bbc boards with a rfing 7 year old. My fourth child rfed till age 6 when I figured it was a fine time to switch her ffing.

HaileysMommy

If you want to go with non-special needs children, I know someone popped up on the bbc boards with a rfing 7 year old. My fourth child rfed till age 6 when I figured it was a fine time to switch her ffing.

This...I bet my DD could make it to 6 in a Radian and longer in the Size4Me but she will hit 40lbs by 5ish I estimate. She is 33lbs at 3y9m.

minismom

I turned my dd FF at 4.5 cause she started asking, but just a few weeks ago at 5.5 she rode in ds's Radian and had plenty of room. If only I could get her as excited about RFing again and she is about getting a booster...

jacqui276

My 5yr old niece could probably fit RFing in my Radian for awhile (I usually stick her in RFing when I drive her since it puzzles better with my other seats that way). She is 33lbs and has oodles of room still. She is just above the 3rd harness slot.

christineka

I sat my dd in an rxt and she still fit. She said she'd love to rf again if the seat was purple. Alas, I'm restraining myself and not buying one! Dd is 7.5 years old and 42 pounds.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC