Bucklebopper

ADS

Ali

Kind of cool! I had to show a grandpa who was having trouble with his hands how to use a spoon handle to undo the Recaro Latch straps on his DGDs seat.

HaileysMommy

I want one because I hate the new Graco buckles. I've jacked up my thumbnail no telling how many times. And yes, I push at the top of the button but my thumb slips because of how much pressure I must use to get it to release!

Minnesota

CPST Instructor
That's a pretty neat idea! I've had a couple parents with RA come through clinics, and this would be a really helpful tool for them.

Kat_Momof3

there was a video that had a cool tool that helps grandparents do buckles one handed... forget where it was... I like that one better just cause you can do it for more stuff... this one... not much else you can do with this one.

crunchierthanthou

there was a video that had a cool tool that helps grandparents do buckles one handed... forget where it was... I like that one better just cause you can do it for more stuff... this one... not much else you can do with this one.

and I was just about to say that I like this one way better than the modified pliers. No getting the tool between the child and the buckle, no squeezing the handles... much more simple and direct.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Hmmm, not sure. It was presented in my mom's group as being from a "Entrepeneur Mom".

Supposedly the friend of someone in the group.

I'll see if I can find the thread to see if it's the same thing. Maybe it wasn't a male posting either, it could have been a female. But maybe it's the video that the people above were talking about. Off to search...

HaileysMommy

TechnoGranola said:
Found it. Post 20-22 http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=223441 Not the same tool, although serves the same purpose. I think it's the video kat was referring to.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSlScwPoNRg

I actually like this better than the buckle bopper. With the bb I will still have to use my thumb to depress the button whereas with the pliers I can squeeze. I don't have arthritis I just fear for my thumbs safety against the Graco buckle lol

NannyMom

HaileysMommy said:
I actually like this better than the buckle bopper. With the bb I will still have to use my thumb to depress the button whereas with the pliers I can squeeze. I don't have arthritis I just fear for my thumbs safety against the Graco buckle lol

No, with buckle bopper you use your palm

Kat_Momof3

yeah, I don't like the new one the op told us about just because you have to HAVE a second hand (not everyone does) AND you have to fit your HAND in under the crotch buckle... which takes away the ease of leaving the harness snug.

HaileysMommy

Kat_Momof3 said:
yeah, I don't like the new one the op told us about just because you have to HAVE a second hand (not everyone does) AND you have to fit your HAND in under the crotch buckle... which takes away the ease of leaving the harness snug.

Exactly!!!

NannyMom

I cannot imagine using my palm to press that down. How awkward :(

There is one on it's way to me, so we will see how it is.

ETA: I spoke with the creator and thought it was interesting...she created it partly to encourage manufacturers to continue to make crotch buckles difficult to open so kids can't do it. Not sure how I feel about that. But, then again I've never had a 2 or 3 year old unbukling themselves.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Make sure report back NannyMom. I bet my mom would like one of these devices so I'd love to hear feedback from someone here.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

NannyMom

TechnoGranola said:
Make sure report back NannyMom. I bet my mom would like one of these devices so I'd love to hear feedback from someone here.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

I deffinetly will. I plan to test it with the Maestro which is just like the new Nautilus buckle. I'm sure I can find some local people with hand issues.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC