Carseat/Boosterseat for 95 honda civic 2 door

mburks26

I have a 95 honda civic 2 door and looking for a seat for my 2year old that is 35-36 inches tall and 28.5-30lbs (not sure shes grown since june.) I have a evenflo victory older model not expired and her shoulders are almost at the top already of the slots for the harness and the straps are awful they twist so easy and she can move the chest clip up and down. I know whe are keeping this car for a while since it just got a brand new motor put in and alot of other new parts. I can see having this car til she gets out of a booster seat at 57 inches and 100 lbs. I was looking for the 5pt harness plus booster seat all in one so I wouldnt have to buy another seat. I was wondering if this would work and if anyone has had this type of seat and the good verse the bad.

Graco Platinum CarGo Booster Seat
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5459195
If by chance this one doesnt fit are there any regular booster seats out there that would fit. I know I can get this as a 5pt harness and it should last for a few years Cosco Scenera 5-Point Convertible Car Seathttp://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5996315

I dont have the top teather yet but wanting to install it does anyone know where it can be installed side behind passenger is where I would like to put the seat.

Thanks in advance

ADS

angie3096

I would totally go with the Scenera over the Cargo. The Cargo has funny belt guides that don't make it a very good booster, which means it's not that good of a seat past 40 pounds. If you're on a budget and you want your daughter to be as safe as possible, it's better to get the Scenera now, and when she outgrows it get the Apex. That way she can stay harnessed longer, and the Apex makes a much better booster than the Cargo. Plus in the Scenera she can still rearface. You may not be open to that but don't discount the idea until you have seen the crash test footage. It's pretty shocking. These both have crash test footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2DVfqFhseo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okWGDyqJU4Q

I have a 98 Honda CRV and the info for getting tether anchors was in my vehicle owner's manual, in the carseat section. It explained where they could be placed and included a part number.

mburks26

I was also reading bout the radion80 its good for 80 lbs and 51 inches if I have read my dps law right (in TX) 5 years and 36 inches and I know its recommend age 8 or 57 inches I can use the radion80 as long as she doesnt grow out of it by weight as of the current law ( I plan on keeping her in til she out grows by weight and height.) I wouldnt have to get any thing else, but if they change the law to 57 inches I would have to get another booster seat hopefuly by then I can find one that the width is small

mburks26

Alpha Elite Apex Booster in Bridgewater is this the apex you are talking bout if so it wont fit in the backseat. This one is made like my evenflo geneations that I use in truck and it wont fit the seat is too wide.
I dont know what happened to my post I just did on the Radion80 that seems to have a small seat part and looks like it would fit and its good til 80 pounds and 51 inches as of now If she out grows this I can put her in a regular seat belt (36 less must be in a child saftey seat) but that might change to 8 years old or 57 inches then I would diffently have to get a booster but maybe by then they will have a narrow ones out. as far as the teathers I dont have the owners manual it didnt come with the car when I bought it before even thinking bout kids.

angie3096

Yeah, that is the one I was talking about. Okay, so that's out.
The Radian is a great choice. That'll fit anywhere. It lasts most kids until about age 7, and someone on this board I think has her 9 year old in one. My daughter has outgrown her Marathon by height but still has plenty of room in the Radian so you'll get plenty of use out of it, if you're buying it for a two year old.
Almost every child on the planet outgrows seats by height before weight, and the harness heights on the Radian 65 and the Radian 80 are the same. I like the Radian 80 better, it comes with the nifty cushy pillow and it has gaps in the cover that make for easier access to the belt path during installation. But if you are on a budget just get the Radian 65. If she's two and only 30 pounds, she's obviously not a superchunk and the 65 will last her until she outgrows it by height.
Yes, EVENTUALLY you will need a booster after this, but that's so many years in the future I wouldn't worry about it!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC