Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: ipod or tablet

Carseat Crazy

ipod or tablet

Ok I am so way behind technology --- so school me! I am thinking of getting an ipod touch or a tablet for ds for Christmas. He is 9 and not really into any toys this year. I would want to stay $100 or less. I don't mind buying from craigslist or ebay as he would not question it not having a box. What would you recommend and what would you avoid? I would possibly consider getting dd 5yr the same thing. I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I would say iPod.y kids love theirs. But for that budget I'm not sure it would work. There are some good android tablets for under 100.

auto correct hates me
    A five stepper and a booster rider

Carseat Crazy
    Cowboom.com for ipod touches under 100, and they usually have promo codes. They are best buys return company, just make sure to get one with the most accessories. You have 30 days for free returns if you don't like it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org
    Rachel
    DD (7/08) ~52 lbs, 47" in a Cowmoo Frontier85
    DS (4/11) ~32 lbs, 39" in an XTSL
    DS (2/13) ~22 lbs, 33" in an RXT

Carseat Crazy

Re: ipod or tablet

Quote Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
    Cowboom.com for ipod touches under 100, and they usually have promo codes. They are best buys return company, just make sure to get one with the most accessories. You have 30 days for free returns if you don't like it.

I will have to check that out thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalamos23

Does that go for the Pre owned or just new? I assume Pre owned is refurbished?
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: ipod or tablet

I don't know a thing about it, but NBD has a 7" tablet for $60 as a flash sale right now -

http://www.nobetterdeal.com/shop/en/nbd/-60382003--1

Quote Originally Posted by NannyMom

Does that go for the Pre owned or just new? I assume Pre owned is refurbished?
    I've purchased numerous phones from them. I didn't like one so I returned it no problem, no questions asked. They were preowned. I actually am typing on my iPhone I bought from there.