Low profile erf convertible recs?

knlrachel

I am thinking of replacing my son's soon to be outgrown Britax roundabout with a radian, but I am not a huge fan of how it tightens rf. Is there another, skinny low-profile seat out there? I like the Britax bigger seats, but I hate how high up they are. It is too hard for my toddler to climb in it. What would you rec? Also, is it true that the new Diono has issues as a booster?

ADS

Brianna

What's your rear facing goal and budget?

Generally the booster function on the Radian should be ignored. It has a 50 pound minimum and the belt guides aren't adjustable, meaning if your child fits well in it as a booster at all, they won't for long. The Radian is a great seat both rear and forward facing in harness mode, but there are plenty of dedicated booster that will position the seat belt much better than the Radian will.

knlrachel

I hope to RF to 3 at least - though longer is fine :) My budget is flexible - basically, if it is a great seat that is comfy, fits well, doesn't eat up the whole car, and is easy to use, I'll spend what I need to. Thanks :)

Phineasmama

I honestly don't think there is anything else that low profile. The Complete Air 65 is kind of lower, it doesn't have a big base. But it's not nearly as nice as the Radian.

atw

Phineasmama said:
I honestly don't think there is anything else that low profile. The Complete Air 65 is kind of lower, it doesn't have a big base. But it's not nearly as nice as the Radian.

My daughter picks the radian everytime. I agree, I've searched for low profile and CA is the only other one. I don't like the idea of installing so reclined or ignoring instructions, so it was totally not an option for me. Tried a pria. Lots of room but higher than our britax profile-wise. Stuck with her favorite seat-the radian! At this point, I'm not sure I'd buy much else to rf an older kid. Now ff-that's a different story.

Eta: I also like that the width of the RN doesn't eat up the entire backseat.
Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Phineasmama

We have 3 RXTs, the Plum (purple), Cobalt (blue) and Spring (flower).

I love them all but for different reasons lol. Cobalt is like a really nice, thick almost windbreaker type fabric. It's slick but soft, easy to wipe clean. The Plum and Spring are a little more plush fabrics.

The red Daytona? Is the same as Cobalt. I got RXTs basically because I wanted the pretty covers :eek: Other than that the R100 I think has lower weight limits for both RFing and FFing, the R120 and RXT have the same weight limits. The RXT has head wings and the others don't.

Owlish

I have Plum as well. It's so beautiful. I had the Cobalt for a few days. It's also a really nice color.

The RN installs like a breeze with latch in my brother's van although I think in some vehicles it's not as easy. My car doesn't have latch so I do seatbelt installs. I'm getting better at getting it right within a few minutes but it's taking time. I think an angle adjuster would be good to buy. Which reminds me, I should have added one to my order on Amazon yesterday. Oh well.

Just note that the headwings on the RXT might take a little bit of useful time off since they aren't too far above the highest harness setting. My 8 year old nephew fit in it fine though I assume he'll outgrow it soon and is in a NBB anyway.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

atw

knlrachel said:
Just to update: I found the Radian XTSL for $240 on amazon with Prime shipping :) Super glad to have DS seat figured out...

Great! Enjoy, and let us know if you encounter quirks...

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC