cybex aton vs keyfit

krfogle88

anyone compare the two side by side? is the shell about the same or is ths aton shorter? dd2 is about 6.5 months and has over 5" of shell left in the keyfit. i really want to try the aton with her but dont want to buy if the shell is significantly less than the keyfit.

ADS

Phineasmama

I have never owned a Keyfit, although I've obviously seen them in stores and several of my friends have them. I had the Aton for baby #3 and absolutely loved it though. I would say it's similar in size to the KF but it's "deeper" like the baby sits in it further down, does that even make sense? Anyways I posted a bunch of pics when fat baby was 6 months old here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=214992

She is turning 1 next week and still ginormous, like pushing 30 lbs, not sure how tall but TALL, wearing 2T clothes already. I switched her to an RXT a while ago because she was so heavy, so unfortunately I can't take any updated pics, but I miss the Aton something terrible :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Keyfit is listed as 20” seating height in the database. I just measured the Aton at 19.5” with newborn inlay removed. So about 1/2” difference if both measurements are accurate.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
ketchupqueen said:
The Keyfit is listed as 20” seating height in the database. I just measured the Aton at 19.5” with newborn inlay removed. So about 1/2” difference if both measurements are accurate.

I've never compared side-by-side, but that's about what I would have guessed. The Aton certainly won't buy you any room, but with 5" left in the KeyFit, it wouldn't be a huge step down either.

MomToEliEm

Thanks for that measurement. I just updated the spreadsheet with your internal height measurement. If you have any of the other missing data, feel free to pass them along.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Thanks for that measurement. I just updated the spreadsheet with your internal height measurement. If you have any of the other missing data, feel free to pass them along.

I was just looking at what else was missing, lol. I'm not up for any more right now- I'm swelling horribly just from getting up to grab the seat and get that one measurement- but I'll get the rest later (and double check the others, some looked suspect to me.)

krfogle88

thanks everyone! i may get one for her... i had one while pregndnt with her but sold it. now im regretting it. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC