Need help w/ fabric choice for Boulevard G3

rmp74006

Just received our new Britax Boulevard G3 in the mail. This is our second BV - we have really enjoyed our first one (BV 70 from 2010) & needed a second for other car.

We ordered the new one in Silver Birch fabric. When it arrived, I was so disappointed in the feel (& noise!) of the material. It is rough and stiff, not at all like the make of the fabric in our older BV. It is also extremely noisy, which poses a problem since this material covers the headrest piece too (our DD would always feel & hear the crinkle/swish of her head rubbing against rough polyester). Within 20 min of opening the seat, we decided to send it back, knowing that there is no way our 18 month old would be comfortable in it. Anyone else have this take on the material?

So before I take a stab at another fabric choice, does anyone know about the Aztec material (BTW, we have ruled out zebra, onyx, & caitlin)? Can you give a description of the feel of the material?

Also, because the price is close, we also considered the Pavilion in Blueprint. Can anyone help with describing the feel of this material?

Any help is appreciated - We live in the boonies, so going to a store to see the fabric is not an option. Gotta rely on opinions & online descriptions. Many thanks for your help!

ADS

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
When ordering my Marathon I called customer service. It might have been a fluke, but I got a really patient and helpful sales person who described the fabrics to me. I did not want that nylon sort of fabric, or the one that is like upholstery. I wanted the plush Britax fabrics from my Classic seats.

rmp74006

Thanks for the replies.

Older BV is Riveria pattern. That one has really worked well for us - soft, breathable, etc.

So I called Britax customer service earlier & wound up with an extremely helpful and knowledgeable rep. I explained my concerns with the Silver Birch, and asked if she could recommend a current fabric that was closer to the older Riveria pattern. She was very prepared to answer my question, like she's answered it before. She knew the Rivieria & knew exactly what I meant in looking for a comparable fabric. Said that I might be happy with Aztec or Biscotti (in the Pavilion) - on Amazon they are same price right now.

Britax also confirmed the shell height is the same for both Pavilion & BV G3 - I asked because I intend to keep DD rear facing as long as we can (her older brother is RF in a Radian RXT).

macmomma

Not sure if they still sell it but we have the Paisley and i like it! It almost feels denim like to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC