Tribute or Scenera?

Between the two, which would YOU choose?

• Evenflo Tribute

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Cosco Scenera

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

love-pink

Would you choose a Tribute or Scenera? Why? A child will outgrow them both around the same time correct? Does the Tribute have foam in the head area?

Im seeing a couple different Tribute models, do they all have the same top slot height?

ADS

Brianna

The spreadsheet says the Scenera shell is an inch taller, but I've never seen comparison pics of the same child in both. I went with the Tribute because I needed a spare seat that very minute and it's what Walmart had. I liked it, easy enough to install and use. It has foam in the head area and the top harness slots are the same on different models.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

creideamh

Tribute. It has foam, and it seems to have the magical ability to make kids have more growing room once installed (DD looked like she had 1.5" above her head in the house, but once installed ended up with like 3".) Plus, it's so much easier to install (obviously my opinion...) And I'm pretty sure Evenflo has said you can install it more upright, but don't quote me on that.
The different models just have head pillows, cupholders, etc. I had the Sport version (lowest cost) and it still had a nice amount of foam.

babyherder

I choose the tribute for several reasons. I needed a three across and I tried it before a scenera and it works. It has foam. The kid I need it for is tiny so it should last a long time. I like the red and black cover better than the very pink scenera I found.

Kat_Momof3

when I bought a scenera over a tribute way back when, it was all about that rearfacing weight limit... now that (I THINK) they are the same on that, I'd choose the tribute because of the eps foam.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
when I bought a scenera over a tribute way back when, it was all about that rearfacing weight limit... now that (I THINK) they are the same on that, I'd choose the tribute because of the eps foam.

Think they are both 35 now --yeah, the Trib was 30 before they other upgrades (Now that Sceneras are only at walmart, aren't they just 35? Or are there any 40's anywhere? Now I'm curious about that!). A couple years ago, the Trib had a horrible front adjuster plate, and fewer harness slot heights, so the gap between the lower and upper slots was like 6 inches or something awful. It was just a really terrible seat before they improved it. Now it's totally my fave (I loathe the RF install on the Scenera, so that helps me love the Trib better, lol).

rosey2007

I purchased the scenera and hated the seat. Imo the seat is made of thin plastic and I wasn't comfortable with it. I returned it and got the Tribute and was happier with it. The seat just seemed to be higher quality and has the eps foam. I also thought it was easier to install.

java

I picked the tribute over the scenera when the 40lb scenera was still readily available just because it had more padding. We got the black and red sport, I like it well enough. It installs easily enough and takes up little front to back room and offers more leg room that the ra55 next to it. My DD is lightweight (20lbs at 2yr and 3 mths) so I figure I won't need the 40lb rfing limit vs the 35lb. I thought it would be a nice long lasting seat for my petite toddler but suddenly she is getting tall and I am half way wishing I had the scenera because the shell is a little taller and doesn't it allow the head to be even with the top rather than the 1 inch rule?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I thought it would be a nice long lasting seat for my petite toddler but suddenly she is getting tall and I am half way wishing I had the scenera because the shell is a little taller and doesn't it allow the head to be even with the top rather than the 1 inch rule?

Even if the head is allowed to go closer to the top in the Scenera, I really wouldn't want less than an inch there, you really want to keep that head cradled, and when all the belts stretch in a crash and the seat dumps down, there's some seat shell there to protect it if you have an inch or so. Your kiddo is at the legs-growing age, generally their torso really slows down a lot, and their little legs sprout like mad, so you probably have a lot more time RF than it looks like.:)

ks8511

I choose the tribute for several reasons. I needed a three across and I tried it before a scenera and it works. It has foam. The kid I need it for is tiny so it should last a long time. I like the red and black cover better than the very pink scenera I found.

What kind of car did you fit three across in with the tribute? Was it three tributes? Were they rf or ff? Thanks :) :)

babyherder

I have a 1996 volvo 850 sedan. I had rf tribute behind the driver, ff maestro in the middle, and rf myride behind the passenger. All seatbelt installs. I had to pull the two convertible towards the doors as much as I could. The myride and maestro bumped sides and pressed into each other. I feel like it put a lot of pressure on the side of the maestro. I only needed a 3 across for a few months. I'm not sure I would want to leave the maestro in that position for any longer than that (and I took it out sometimes) because of how much pressure was on its side. It didn't bend or leave stress marks or anything, though. I guessing I could have switched the sides the convertibles were on but I wanted them the first way I tried them and it worked so I didn't change anything.

ks8511

I have a 1996 volvo 850 sedan. I had rf tribute behind the driver, ff maestro in the middle, and rf myride behind the passenger. All seatbelt installs. I had to pull the two convertible towards the doors as much as I could. The myride and maestro bumped sides and pressed into each other. I feel like it put a lot of pressure on the side of the maestro. I only needed a 3 across for a few months. I'm not sure I would want to leave the maestro in that position for any longer than that (and I took it out sometimes) because of how much pressure was on its side. It didn't bend or leave stress marks or anything, though. I guessing I could have switched the sides the convertibles were on but I wanted them the first way I tried them and it worked so I didn't change anything.

Ohhhh thanks I thought you meant three is the same seat haha

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
A child will outgrow them both around the same time correct?

In Canada anyway, the Tribute has a higher RF height limit. 32" vs 37" I think? Because of that, I replaced our Scenera with a Tribute, but I've yet to unbox it. :eek:

babyherder

Ohhhh thanks I thought you meant three is the same seat haha

I'm not sure if I could fit tributes next to each other in my car. Never had a reason to try plus I only have one tribute. But my guess is the sides would bump against each other.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC