Help stroller shopping

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
wavegal said:
Techno hopefully you have better luck than I did with the Evo, I bought it and sent i back.

I thought the sunshade was so small and generally wasn't a fan, I have similar standards for strollers and have owned most the same

Well crap...what did you end up with? Other than the canopy...what else didn't you like? Were the wheels good and decent on non smooth surfaces?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

wavegal

I thought the wheels were foam, there were no shocks so won't absorb well imo. I was really disappointed and am still looking, I have been looking at the june too... tempted to make my sister import it for me in nov

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I thought the wheels were foam, there were no shocks so won't absorb well imo. I was really disappointed and am still looking, I have been looking at the june too... tempted to make my sister import it for me in nov
You thought? You didn't check? LOL ;)

The rear wheels have suspension. And I thought they were rubber on foam? No? StrollerQueen said the wheels were super good...are they not? The 4Rider Light wheels are the best non-air tires I've used and they don't look like they'd be anything special. Close enough to air that everyone I've had use the 4Rider can't tell the difference between the air and the non-air. I was hoping the Evo's would be similar. Are they not good?

How many times did you take for it a spin? What type of terrain?

wavegal

I used it on my yard which is not flat and wasn't please, my UPPA has better suspension. They were definitely foam not rubber and are nothing like the 4rider light wheels.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I used it on my yard which is not flat and wasn't please, my UPPA has better suspension. They were definitely foam not rubber and are nothing like the 4rider light wheels.

Well that totally bites. Thanks. And if the Vista has better suspension...ugh...I did not like my Vista. ARGH!!! Well, you saved me...

See I need the 4Rider and the Mylo to have a baby...

crunchierthanthou

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Well, they did make a few changes to the 2012 Vista -

http://mbeans.com/uppababy-vista-stroller-comparison-chart.html

and Wayfair has the Cole (slate) in their clearance section. The price has been fluctuating, but I've seen it at $490 fairly consistently.

Ya, I still don't like it. A friend has. Still has the stupid bucket seat, the stupid bug net, the ugly basket, still makes a clunk over the sidewalk cracks...okay, maybe stupid is a bit harsh but I'm mad at strollers right now!!

Are we just gonna start a June coop? :p

I guess we should. Still worried that it's going to look all puny and little though once it arrives. Not sure I'll like something so low to the ground. I wonder if I can get a ground to seat bottom measurement...should ask on Facebook.

Maybe I just need to get a new seat for my 4Rider like I planned before TechnoBaby was born...

crunchierthanthou

Ya, I still don't like it. A friend has. Still has the stupid bucket seat, the stupid bug net, the ugly basket, still makes a clunk over the sidewalk cracks...okay, maybe stupid is a bit harsh but I'm mad at strollers right now!!

Fair enough. You'll just have to start your own gear company. or maybe do a joint venture with Clek.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Bebe confort Elea?

http://www.bebeconfort.com/products/pushchairs/strollers/elea.aspx

Don't know how all terrain the wheels would be, but maybe you could poke around on UK stroller sites and find out :)

I use my Valco rad AT a lot, but wish I had the jogging wheel, but it has the bucket seat and doesn't sit as straight up as you like. I use that and the Q series I bought for long walks with 1 kid, my emma twin cerox 360 or the bob revolution duallie for 2 kids. They have outgrown my stroll-air spider duo NV :( Loved using that!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Well I'm confused now...Mutsy got back to me as I'd asked some questions over the weekend and she said that the Evo wheels are rubber over foam just like the 4Rider light wheels...

But if it performs worse than the Vista, well then it's likely not going to work for me. If it was as good as the Vista, I could probably survive.

It looks so nice though!! Ugh, good looking strollers are what get me in trouble...I buy it because it looks great, then I get annoyed with it...but not sure I'd like an awesome performing ugly stroller either. I owned a Valco TriMode and it was awesome off road but I hated the single front wheel when having to get up onto curbs and I just didn't find it snazzy looking. So I sold it. I need snazziness. :p

Kaylee31

I was thisclose to ordering an Evo but I just couldn't get over the skimpy canopy. And I read some UK reviews that said the suspension is not great. I really think you should check out the Queen B. They pop up on Ebay & CL often. I am kicking myself for selling mine a few weeks ago in order to buy a Cam. And now Wayfair (where I bought mine) doesn't have them in stock, and other stores are asking twice as much. It is big, but vastly superior in comfort for my DD, and performance on bumpy terrain compared to anything else I have/had (Cam, Vista, Indie, Bee+, MB Terrain, Plus One, BOB Rev.). And it's gorgeous, IMO. The only con really is the non-swivel wheels but it's easy to push and glides over just about anything in it's path. I had no problem bumping it up & down curbs.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I really don't think non-swivel wheels will work for us. :( The thing is, I don't use my stroller for an "outdoor adventure" OR "inside a mall", etc. We tend to do things that involve all of them. Like we head out for a walk and go through the parks and through the grass and go to the grocery store where I need to be moving in tight spaces and be able to turn on a dime. Or we're at an outdoor fair that has buildings for viewing displays and such.

Camping is about the only place when we're strictly outdoors, but that's like twice a year maybe for a week or so at a time, so not enough to buy a stroller exclusively for that.

The QueenB isn't really my style for look, but I don't hate it either. It would definitely be one I'd have to try in person before buying.

But ya, I still think the Evo won't quite work for me. :(

Last edited:

amyd

TechnoGranola said:
And as much as I like the size of the Vista basket, I hated how it made it look like a Graco stroller. :ROTFLMAO:

You are such a snob:ROTFLMAO:

I was looking at a Vista in a local boutique last week. I really liked it but gosh, I don't want anyone to think it's a Graco! :eek: LOL

I love my Trimode A LOT. It's my leave it in the garage unfolded and ready to go stroller. Nothing beats those big ol' air tires.

wavegal

Techno I am bouncing back and forth between 3 right now, a double or single bob revolution and the uppa vista, i hate the bucket seat though so have been looking to replace that. The only one I am not using currently is my peg pliko but thats basically my air travel stroller at this point

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
the mylo is super nice, esp if you like it and pushes well. i don't know if it's worth risking another stroller which can suck in other ways simply for the air tires.

You are wise. :love: I decided just to keep the Mylo. I don't think I'm going to get anything else that has what I love about the Mylo AND better wheels. Especially because she will actually sleep in the Mylo (although difficult!) and she won't sleep in anything else, including the car seat! The thing is, the Mylo wheels are actually fine for the majority of circumstances and it has good suspension. And in fact, going over tree roots and such aren't suited to most any of the strollers with smaller front wheels, even if they have air tires in the rear. I need something with BIG tires like our bike trailer. So, since TechnoBaby will be old enough to use the bike trailer for walks and biking next summer, we can use it in stroller mode when going out for all terrain walks. Like when camping.

My only issue with the bike trailer is that it's hard for kids to sleep in them. I'm going to see if any of the trailer baby inserts have an option to recline or sit upright as maybe I can add one in.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC