Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wavegal
    Techno hopefully you have better luck than I did with the Evo, I bought it and sent i back.

I thought the sunshade was so small and generally wasn't a fan, I have similar standards for strollers and have owned most the same
    Well crap...what did you end up with? Other than the canopy...what else didn't you like? Were the wheels good and decent on non smooth surfaces?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
    TechnoAdult · Driver's seat ·
    TechnoTween · Britax Parkway SGL backless · Safety 1st Incognito ·
    TechnoKid · Britax Frontier ClickTight x2 · Graco Tranzitions ·

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Help stroller shopping

I thought the wheels were foam, there were no shocks so won't absorb well imo. I was really disappointed and am still looking, I have been looking at the june too... tempted to make my sister import it for me in nov
    L 12/08 riding in a Zebra FR90 52lbs 48in
    J 12/11 riding rfing in a Laguna G4 BLVD 28lbs 35in

A 10/14 riding in a SS1!

Quote Originally Posted by wavegal View Post
    I thought the wheels were foam, there were no shocks so won't absorb well imo. I was really disappointed and am still looking, I have been looking at the june too... tempted to make my sister import it for me in nov
    You thought? You didn't check? LOL

The rear wheels have suspension. And I thought they were rubber on foam? No? StrollerQueen said the wheels were super good...are they not? The 4Rider Light wheels are the best non-air tires I've used and they don't look like they'd be anything special. Close enough to air that everyone I've had use the 4Rider can't tell the difference between the air and the non-air. I was hoping the Evo's would be similar. Are they not good?

How many times did you take for it a spin? What type of terrain?

I used it on my yard which is not flat and wasn't please, my UPPA has better suspension. They were definitely foam not rubber and are nothing like the 4rider light wheels.

A 10/14 riding in a SS1!

I used it on my yard which is not flat and wasn't please, my UPPA has better suspension. They were definitely foam not rubber and are nothing like the 4rider light wheels.
    Well that totally bites. Thanks. And if the Vista has better suspension...ugh...I did not like my Vista. ARGH!!! Well, you saved me...

See I need the 4Rider and the Mylo to have a baby...

I know what you mean! I have 4 strollers or that reason!

A 10/14 riding in a SS1!

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    Well that totally bites. Thanks. And if the Vista has better suspension...ugh...I did not like my Vista. ARGH!!! Well, you saved me...

See I need the 4Rider and the Mylo to have a baby...
    Well, they did make a few changes to the 2012 Vista -

http://mbeans.com/uppababy-vista-str...son-chart.html

and Wayfair has the Cole (slate) in their clearance section. The price has been fluctuating, but I've seen it at $490 fairly consistently.

Senior Community Member unityco's Avatar
    Are we just gonna start a June coop?

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    Well, they did make a few changes to the 2012 Vista -

http://mbeans.com/uppababy-vista-str...son-chart.html

and Wayfair has the Cole (slate) in their clearance section. The price has been fluctuating, but I've seen it at $490 fairly consistently.
    Ya, I still don't like it. A friend has. Still has the stupid bucket seat, the stupid bug net, the ugly basket, still makes a clunk over the sidewalk cracks...okay, maybe stupid is a bit harsh but I'm mad at strollers right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by unityco View Post
    Are we just gonna start a June coop?
    I guess we should. Still worried that it's going to look all puny and little though once it arrives. Not sure I'll like something so low to the ground. I wonder if I can get a ground to seat bottom measurement...should ask on Facebook.

Maybe I just need to get a new seat for my 4Rider like I planned before TechnoBaby was born...

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
    Ya, I still don't like it. A friend has. Still has the stupid bucket seat, the stupid bug net, the ugly basket, still makes a clunk over the sidewalk cracks...okay, maybe stupid is a bit harsh but I'm mad at strollers right now!!
    Fair enough. You'll just have to start your own gear company. or maybe do a joint venture with Clek.

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

CLEK STROLLER...

*drools*
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

I know what you mean! I have 4 strollers or that reason!
    What are you using for an out and about AT right now? and do you like it?

Senior Community Member Jennifer mom to my 7's Avatar

Bebe confort Elea?

http://www.bebeconfort.com/products/...lers/elea.aspx

Don't know how all terrain the wheels would be, but maybe you could poke around on UK stroller sites and find out

I use my Valco rad AT a lot, but wish I had the jogging wheel, but it has the bucket seat and doesn't sit as straight up as you like. I use that and the Q series I bought for long walks with 1 kid, my emma twin cerox 360 or the bob revolution duallie for 2 kids. They have outgrown my stroll-air spider duo NV Loved using that!
    Whatever Wendy said

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Love the look of that Bebe Confort! Off to check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Well I'm confused now...Mutsy got back to me as I'd asked some questions over the weekend and she said that the Evo wheels are rubber over foam just like the 4Rider light wheels...

But if it performs worse than the Vista, well then it's likely not going to work for me. If it was as good as the Vista, I could probably survive.

It looks so nice though!! Ugh, good looking strollers are what get me in trouble...I buy it because it looks great, then I get annoyed with it...but not sure I'd like an awesome performing ugly stroller either. I owned a Valco TriMode and it was awesome off road but I hated the single front wheel when having to get up onto curbs and I just didn't find it snazzy looking. So I sold it. I need snazziness.

I was thisclose to ordering an Evo but I just couldn't get over the skimpy canopy. And I read some UK reviews that said the suspension is not great. I really think you should check out the Queen B. They pop up on Ebay & CL often. I am kicking myself for selling mine a few weeks ago in order to buy a Cam. And now Wayfair (where I bought mine) doesn't have them in stock, and other stores are asking twice as much. It is big, but vastly superior in comfort for my DD, and performance on bumpy terrain compared to anything else I have/had (Cam, Vista, Indie, Bee+, MB Terrain, Plus One, BOB Rev.). And it's gorgeous, IMO. The only con really is the non-swivel wheels but it's easy to push and glides over just about anything in it's path. I had no problem bumping it up & down curbs.

I really don't think non-swivel wheels will work for us. The thing is, I don't use my stroller for an "outdoor adventure" OR "inside a mall", etc. We tend to do things that involve all of them. Like we head out for a walk and go through the parks and through the grass and go to the grocery store where I need to be moving in tight spaces and be able to turn on a dime. Or we're at an outdoor fair that has buildings for viewing displays and such.

Camping is about the only place when we're strictly outdoors, but that's like twice a year maybe for a week or so at a time, so not enough to buy a stroller exclusively for that.

The QueenB isn't really my style for look, but I don't hate it either. It would definitely be one I'd have to try in person before buying.

But ya, I still think the Evo won't quite work for me.
    Last edited by TechnoGranola; 09-17-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoGranola
    And as much as I like the size of the Vista basket, I hated how it made it look like a Graco stroller.
    You are such a snob

I was looking at a Vista in a local boutique last week. I really liked it but gosh, I don't want anyone to think it's a Graco! LOL

I love my Trimode A LOT. It's my leave it in the garage unfolded and ready to go stroller. Nothing beats those big ol' air tires.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

Techno I am bouncing back and forth between 3 right now, a double or single bob revolution and the uppa vista, i hate the bucket seat though so have been looking to replace that. The only one I am not using currently is my peg pliko but thats basically my air travel stroller at this point

A 10/14 riding in a SS1!

Quote Originally Posted by penguingrooves View Post

the mylo is super nice, esp if you like it and pushes well. i don't know if it's worth risking another stroller which can suck in other ways simply for the air tires.
    You are wise. I decided just to keep the Mylo. I don't think I'm going to get anything else that has what I love about the Mylo AND better wheels. Especially because she will actually sleep in the Mylo (although difficult!) and she won't sleep in anything else, including the car seat! The thing is, the Mylo wheels are actually fine for the majority of circumstances and it has good suspension. And in fact, going over tree roots and such aren't suited to most any of the strollers with smaller front wheels, even if they have air tires in the rear. I need something with BIG tires like our bike trailer. So, since TechnoBaby will be old enough to use the bike trailer for walks and biking next summer, we can use it in stroller mode when going out for all terrain walks. Like when camping.

My only issue with the bike trailer is that it's hard for kids to sleep in them. I'm going to see if any of the trailer baby inserts have an option to recline or sit upright as maybe I can add one in.
    Last edited by TechnoGranola; 09-23-2012 at 04:17 PM.