Help stroller shopping

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
amyd said:
You are aware that you're pissing off a pregnant woman, aren't you? :p

Okay, okay, you're making me feel guilty now! Pulling the pregnancy card...smart! ;)

Mutsy Evo. Black chassis, white seat.

It has:

• awesome push
  • large basket
  • non-bucket seat
  • lay flat recline and nice, upright position
  • easy to recline
  • not too heavy
  • reasonable canopy but will have to get a Snooze Shade or similar for lay flat sleeping and UV protection
  • although the tires aren't air, I have both sets of tires for my 4Rider, air and non-air and Mutsy non air tires are awesome. StrollerQueen said the Evo's were really, really good, almost as good as air. So I think I can live with them.

It solves the few issues that bug me about my 4Rider too. And I like Mutsy fabrics and my 4Rider is nicely made so I'd expect the Evo to be similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Nice! I really like it. Are you able to buy it in Canada or are you importing?

You know, I'm not sure...I haven't found a place to buy it yet! Wayfair just sent me a $20 off order over $100 coupon for today only. But I guess I need to scope out a place...if it's $399 in Canada too, it would make the most sense to just get it here. But I'll have to see if anyone here is carrying Mutsy right now.

If anyone has any tips of where to get it for any deals today, let me know!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I know Macklems in Toronto had a Mutsy, so they might carry them. They're not really a mail order type place, though. :(

penguingrooves

(dare i ask...), how many strollers have you owned?? wait, nevermind. that might take too long to count. how many strollers do you have? (i have five, maybe six, if that makes you feel less hoardy; however, i only use one.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
(dare i ask...), how many strollers have you owned?? wait, nevermind. that might take too long to count. how many strollers do you have? (i have five, maybe six, if that makes you feel less hoardy; however, i only use one.)

You sound like me...you own many but use one. I own four I think. The Mutsy 4Rider which I'm selling and then I have a 2nd chassis for the fun seat and a sun canopy from the UK (which I am never selling, I love that fun seat set up! and I have both air and non air tires to use with either chassis). Then a Buggster which I am selling. Then the Mylo which I am likely selling. So that's 4. I only use the Mylo right now. Oh, and then I have a bike trailer too which TechnoBaby will use next summer so is staying. I wish I was the type to own a bunch and use them all for different occasions, at least they'd get some use.

I've sold too many others in the last 6 years to count...most are close to brand new when I sell them. *sigh*

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I, um, totally understand having a lot of strollers... I totally use them all for different things though!

See, that's what I SHOULD do. But I don't. Once I dislike one, I think I need to "save" it in that condition so I can sell it. But then I take like 8 zillion years to sell it because I think I might need it. But then I don't use it when I need it because I'm selling it....SEE, PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!!

And, I'm back to wanting the Evo...I pretty much loved my 4Rider except for a few things, it solves most of those thing, so I'd still be better off even if it didn't solve every issue.

Oh, and I could kick DH's ass. He doesn't want me buying anything new, but he always feels the need to comment how he liked something on another stroller that we have/had and how he wishes the current one had something the other one had but still likes certain features the new one has...SHUT UP IF YOU DON'T WANT SOMETHING NEW!!

:p

penguingrooves

ketchupqueen, at least you use them all, so your collection is justified, hah! every stroller has its strengths and weaknesses. it's true for most things.

you know which stroller i use? an older maclaren umbrella (triumph?) from my first kid 5 years ago... turns out that i never went jogging, my car is too damn small, my one-car driveway is too narrow for rolling out a stroller from the garage unless i parked juuust right, i'm too feeble to carry a stroller in and out of the house since i have stairs, etc... so the compact maclaren sits in my car for bumpy local sidewalks and outings. i've made peace with it, though i've always liked the stroller anyway. of course now i want to try the mutsy evo, but i won't. i'm done with kids, and 2-3 years will go fast.

technogranola, i vote for being happy with your mylo which you already like; i assume technobaby too. that's a gorgeous quality stroller! besides, there are oh so many other things to obsess over and consume our time and energy, hahaha!!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
technogranola, i vote for being happy with your mylo which you already like; i assume technobaby too. that's a gorgeous quality stroller!

Yes she does love it's comfiness but I will say that she does want to be one more click upright which the Evo has but the Mylo doesn't...

I don't... I vote get the Evo. Because I'm a total evil enabler!

You guys are killing me....wait you're not...I wish you would...someone kill me, WHY is this so hard? See, I wanted a white seat for my 4Rider before TechnoBaby was born...and I didn't get it and now I could have it with a BLACK frame...it would look SO classy. I am running out of time to buy my last ever stroller. No more babies after this. :( So I should keep buying monthly until I find what I like, right? RIGHT?

penguingrooves

TechnoGranola said:
You guys are killing me....wait you're not...I wish you would...someone kill me, WHY is this so hard? See, I wanted a white seat for my 4Rider before TechnoBaby was born...and I didn't get it and now I could have it with a BLACK frame...it would look SO classy. I am running out of time to buy my last ever stroller. No more babies after this. :( So I should keep buying monthly until I find what I like, right? RIGHT?

after seeing the evo, i thought, "wow, a white stroller?? that's insane. i'm generally anti-white, but that'd look so cool!!"

don't buy it!! you have a similar 4rider. and the evo basket looks terrible. just awful, awful, awful!! :p

but seriously, what do you not like about the 4rider, and will the evo be an improvement on the 4rider?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
after seeing the evo, i thought, "wow, a white stroller?? that's insane. i'm generally anti-white, but that'd look so cool!!"

don't buy it!! you have a similar 4rider. and the evo basket looks terrible. just awful, awful, awful!! :p

but seriously, what do you not like about the 4rider, and will the evo be an improvement on the 4rider?

For the 4Rider, the giant add on accessory basket doesn't work well RF for me. And the attached basket is on the small side. The Evo's basket is large even if not a huge bucket like the Vista. And as much as I like the size of the Vista basket, I hated how it made it look like a Graco stroller. :ROTFLMAO: The 4Rider has a velcro strap you need for RF, which my mom forgets to do up and then the seat bottom slides out weird while DD is riding. And then when you go to pull the seat off to put it in the vehicle (the whole thing is too heavy as one piece), you forget about the velcro strap and you lift the seat off and it's stuck by this stupid strap. So you have to put the seat back on, undo the strap, then remove the seat. The Evo doesn't have an extra strap. The recline on the 4Rider is not compatible with my kids. For some reason, I need 2 hands to do it and when when I recline, it wakes up my kids. The Evo has the same style lever as the Mylo and that style totally works for me. DH also loves the Mylo/Evo recline style. The 4Rider wheelbase is short for what we need. The Evo has a slightly longer wheelbase which will work better for our varied terrain use.

And uh...it's new. I like new. :p

As for white, I could get a different colour but I was going to get the white 4Rider seat before TechnoBaby was born. It's always been something I wanted and it's my last baby...so....

ETA: and the recline feature is something DG uses every ride so important to us. And the Mylo basket isn't stellar, you can't put huge items in like a big shopping bag which you can in the Evo. The Mylo basket actually holds a lot (12 cans of beer and fast food supper for 5 LOL) but it can't be odd sized. The Evo basket gives more flexibility.

The lack of RF strap and basket shape would be especially useful for my mom if that's the stroller I give to her when she looks after TechnoBaby in January.

Last edited:

wavegal

Techno hopefully you have better luck than I did with the Evo, I bought it and sent i back.

I thought the sunshade was so small and generally wasn't a fan, I have similar standards for strollers and have owned most the same

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC