Help stroller shopping

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
mom2bnjl said:
The mutsy would meet these criteria but I hated mine - hard to fold, awful customer service.

I own the 4Rider right now and it doesn't have a usable bug/UV and the seat sits much lower than my Mylo which is why I'm looking for something else. I've had really good luck with their customer service other than it's brutally slow. Not sure what model you had, but I have no trouble with the 4Rider fold. I'm actually keeping a chassis to use with the fun seat when TechnoBaby is older. TechnoKid loved the fun seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Stroll-air?
Looks interesting. Their web page kind of sucks, can't tell if it's a bucket seat or not? and are the tires actually air like the name implies? The web site doesn't say.

Or the stokke. Love the height of that seat.

It has a bucket seat and the basket is a bag thing. And the wheels look like standard foam wheels? I tried foam wheels with my Mylo and I'm not liking the ride at all. I really need air tires or non-air that are large and wide, like Mutsy's non air tires on the 4Rider. They are really great for a non-air tire.

Last edited:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Will this stroller be your outside stroller mainly? Snow, etc.
Yes, mainly outdoors. We won't go out in the thick of winter, but nice winter days, definitely. And it will come camping, so gravel roads and dirt. I took the Mylo camping this summer and while it was okay, the wheels aren't really made for the outdoors. It's actually the only drawback of the Mylo for me, but a fairly big one. The Mutsy wheelbase is on the short side for use in the snow and pushing through grass and ruts. And the way it reclines always wakes up TechnoBaby.

canadiangie

Yes, mainly outdoors. We won't go out in the thick of winter, but nice winter days, definitely. And it will come camping, so gravel roads and dirt. I took the Mylo camping this summer and while it was okay, the wheels aren't really made for the outdoors. It's actually the only drawback of the Mylo for me, but a fairly big one. The Mutsy wheelbase is on the short side for use in the snow and pushing through grass and ruts. And the way it reclines always wakes up TechnoBaby.

Okay, hold the show. Why do you have Clek spelled Cleck in your siggie. Am I on glue or is that spelled wrong? :confused:

I'll keep pondering strollers.. This whole anti bucket seat thing really puts a wrench in things.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Okay, hold the show. Why do you have Clek spelled Cleck in your siggie. Am I on glue or is that spelled wrong? :confused:
WTF? I have no idea...I swear it wasn't always like that? I've fixed it anyway. Thanks.

I'll keep pondering strollers.. This whole anti bucket seat thing really puts a wrench in things.

I know. I don't know, maybe I could reconsider? I've just hated every bucket seat I've owned. Maybe if it had a bolt upright position, a couple in between, and a lay flat...well see it won't be lay flat because the kid's legs are up in the air...I dunno, don't like them, but maybe if the stroller met my other criteria, I'd think about it.

I'll go look at the new features on the upcoming Cameleon again. But Bugs are so popular and I like to be different. :p

canadiangie

WTF? I have no idea...I swear it wasn't always like that? I've fixed it anyway. Thanks.

I know. I don't know, maybe I could reconsider? I've just hated every bucket seat I've owned. Maybe if it had a bolt upright position, a couple in between, and a lay flat...well see it won't be lay flat because the kid's legs are up in the air...I dunno, don't like them, but maybe if the stroller met my other criteria, I'd think about it.

I'll go look at the new features on the upcoming Cameleon again. But Bugs are so popular and I like to be different. :p

I only know that after 6 years of saying I would NEVER push a cliche Bug, I am now, and its quite enjoyable. It's not omg-this-is-the-best-thing-ever enjoyable, but I'm humbled enough to say its pretty good. And dd loves it, actually they all love it. It's the first bucket seat stroller seat I've owned (I think) and she seems so comfy in it when it's reclined. Like her whole little body is cradled, and her legs are fully supported. Like a LazyBoy. She slept for 1.5 hrs in full recline mode (feet to the moon mode) and she will be two in October. So I vote Bug, I think. Barring something else that actually meets all your req's.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I have always loved the teutonias. That plum floral was gorgeous! They say the wheels are no flat air tires. Do you need a tall seatback? If not, you could try to find an older gen stroll air that sits bolt upright or completely flat. You can get air tires for the new gen as an extra. If you are also looking craigslist you can check for older teuts, too. What about a bertini pram with the steerable wheels?

Sits high, tall hood, reversible seat, huge basket that is metal, seat sits fully upright and fully flat, and air tires.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
canadiangie said:
I only know that after 6 years of saying I would NEVER push a cliche Bug, I am now, and its quite enjoyable. It's not omg-this-is-the-best-thing-ever enjoyable, but I'm humbled enough to say its pretty good. And dd loves it, actually they all love it. It's the first bucket seat stroller seat I've owned (I think) and she seems so comfy in it when it's reclined. Like her whole little body is cradled, and her legs are fully supported. Like a LazyBoy. She slept for 1.5 hrs in full recline mode (feet to the moon mode) and she will be two in October. So I vote Bug, I think. Barring something else that actually meets all your req's.

I wonder if the Bugaboo changed recently? The most upright position on mine is like HOLY COW UPRIGHT! So upright I didn't like using it until recently because I thought Brecken would faceplant out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I have always loved the teutonias. That plum floral was gorgeous! They say the wheels are no flat air tires. Do you need a tall seatback? If not, you could try to find an older gen stroll air that sits bolt upright or completely flat. You can get air tires for the new gen as an extra. If you are also looking craigslist you can check for older teuts, too. What about a bertini pram with the steerable wheels?

Sits high, tall hood, reversible seat, huge basket that is metal, seat sits fully upright and fully flat, and air tires.

Thanks for catching the no flat air on the Teutonias. I've looked at so many web sites, my brain is scrambled! The T-460 says specifically it's for sidewalks and "an off road adventure" which means it's intended for more than smooth ground. I'm not off road all the time anyway, it's more urban terrain and the snow if we do go out in the winter.

It seems you can't get Teutonia in Canada so since I'd have to get it elsewhere anyway, I took a look at the UK models and they have one called the BeYou that has a similar chassis to the T-460 but the handles reverses as well as the seat! That would be perfect for winter for me. Hit a tough spot and flip the handle and push through with the big wheels in front. They don't show the canopy very well though so I'm not sure if it's as good as the U.S. canopy. I'll have to dig around for more info. http://www.teutonia.com/uk/products/beyou.html

So the new StrollAirs have an air tire option? I'll have to take a closer look at that Zoom then and see if I think I can live with the bucket seat. I don't know if I need a tall seat back. My first 2 were always around 50th percentile height. TechnoBaby is around 85% right now, but she could fizzle into a lower percentile. I don't want them outgrowing it at age 2 as we do head out on long adventures where it can be nice to have a stroller handy at age 3 and even 4.

As for Bertinis, I'm having a tough time finding their web site. Are they still in business? or can you only buy used? I'm not a fan of prams, I like something a bit more edgy looking, but that being said, I found the Bertini X2 last night that looked interesting which is why I'm trying to find their web site!

I wonder if the Bugaboo changed recently? The most upright position on mine is like HOLY COW UPRIGHT! So upright I didn't like using it until recently because I thought Brecken would faceplant out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

I'm not sure if they've changed, but TechnoKid LOVED that upright position on the Cameleon. One of the features we enjoyed with that stroller.

Jennifer mom to my 7

You can only find bertinis used now. They are/were an australian company, that still have a web site but are now owned by igc/dorel. http://www.igcdorel.com.au/cms-nursery/strollers/bertini.phps That is how safety first was able to call their stroller system bertini. You can find the prams used here, but they never started carrying the newer versions except for the pram and the shuttle (that was not reversible).

If you are looking oversees, how about looking at an emmaljunga? They have both reversible seat and handle models, but they do sit a bit lower to the ground. http://www.emmaljunga.com/english/Prams/Find_your_pram/Ozone-317.html
Now, the newer ones look a bit higher.

Okay, the older stroll-airs have short seat backs, but is NOT a bucket. The seat length is long though. The new stroll air has a nice tall seat back, but the seat looks bucket-like.

They used to make 4 chassis' for the teutonia. There was a 3 wheel one, too. I think you can see that on the UK site.

If you are looking overseas, you could also look at bebecar. Now, I thought that they were starting to import them to North America, but I can't find a site for that. http://www.bebecar.com/bebecar/rm-en/pushchairs/product.php?id=ipop-at#description

Aurezalia

I don't have any other ideas besides what's been thrown out already, but I would rule out the Teutonia. We carried it at my old BBB and I *hated* it. It was awful. The wheels suck, the push is crap, etc.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I hear that the overseas Teutonias are way better than the ones here (which are really not that different from Graco from what I hear.) Bertini is now owned by Dorel, but the older ones were reallllly nice...

There's an Aussie stroller I saw in the grocery store the other month, that I think might be just what you're looking for, but I can't for the life of me remember what the brand was. (Yes, I approached a stranger, asked about her stroller, and found out what it was called, its features, and where it came from. And forgot to write it down anywhere. :hitselfonhead: )

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
(The Strider Plus is not what I saw, but is almost what you're looking for, except that it has a bucket-y seat. Though not as buckety as some it looks like...)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
You can only find bertinis used now. They are/were an australian company, that still have a web site but are now owned by igc/dorel.
Urgh...Dorel...:ROTFLMAO: I liked the looks of the older models then. That one Dorel model is nothing that thrills me.

If you are looking oversees, how about looking at an emmaljunga? They have both reversible seat and handle models, but they do sit a bit lower to the ground. http://www.emmaljunga.com/english/Prams/Find_your_pram/Ozone-317.html
Now, the newer ones look a bit higher.
Not wowed on the looks, but I'll take a look at some of the model's specs and see what I think. They have so many that look almost the same. I'm confused why they need so many models. I hope I discover a compare feature on their web site.

If you are looking overseas, you could also look at bebecar. Now, I thought that they were starting to import them to North America, but I can't find a site for that. http://www.bebecar.com/bebecar/rm-en/pushchairs/product.php?id=ipop-at#description

They were available for years here online at http://www.buystrolleronline.com I think the guy that ran it was Jacques and he was based out of Canada but shipped to the U.S. as well. I've always liked some of their stuff so I'll go check out what they have now.

I don't have any other ideas besides what's been thrown out already, but I would rule out the Teutonia. We carried it at my old BBB and I *hated* it. It was awful. The wheels suck, the push is crap, etc.

The UK site shows a video with it being pushed around obstacles with one finger??

I hear that the overseas Teutonias are way better than the ones here (which are really not that different from Graco from what I hear.)
Okay, that might explain the UK video then. I actually really like the looks of the Teutonia BeYou!. And I really love the reversible handle along with the reversible seat. I think in NA, the only stroller that offers that is the Bug? Strollers like the Flyer don't need the seat to reverse since the front and back wheels are the same (small and crappy and too many wheels all around! LOL). And there isn't much else for reversible handles.

(The Strider Plus is not what I saw, but is almost what you're looking for, except that it has a bucket-y seat. Though not as buckety as some it looks like...)

This is actually the same Chinese chassis as the Vista. I researched it way back when the Vista was first came out in '07 I think it was. Basically both companies bought the same chassis and did something different (yet not so different) with it. And I didn't like my Vista. The wheels make a noticeable bump over sidewalk joints and I hate the seat. The monstrous basket is really the only thing the stroller has going for it IMO. The Strider may be different in some aspects, but it has the same wheels and the seat looks basically the same too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC