Help stroller shopping

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Criteria:

1. reversible seat
  2. non-bucket style seat (back reclines independently of butt)
  3. good suspension with durable, larger wheels (air not necessary, rubber covered foam would work, likely not just solely foam though)
  4. would prefer if the seat sat up higher
  5. 4 wheels preferred
  6. reasonable basket

Any ideas?

Last edited:
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
No UV protective net. :( I've tried the ones the ones you can buy and just elastic over and mosquitoes get in really easily and I hate how they fall off when you get the kid in and out, etc.

I'd also not use the 2nd rider feature of the Select and I find that it looks really long like it's missing something if it doesn't have a 2nd seat attached. So, I'm not sure it's the best stroller for someone who would only ever use it as a single.

But, on the other hand, I do like lots of the features it has so I will give it another look.

V

VanIsleMommy

i love my city select as a single as well, i only use the second seat when we're on outings walking with both kiddos or in the mall. it is a little big but not much worse than the foray I used to have.

there is also the mountain buggy or zooper. I love zooper jogging strollers but not a fan of the other kind they make.. and they don't make the joggers any more so you'd have to find one used. I so regret selling mine...

the bug nets are useless but if you can buy a different brand UV shade etc that might work.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
i love my city select as a single as well, i only use the second seat when we're on outings walking with both kiddos or in the mall. it is a little big but not much worse than the foray I used to have.

But see you use it as a double sometimes so your perspective is different. I will never use it as double and I see them out all the time around here in single mode and they always look like they're missing a 2nd seat because of how long they are front to back. Every time I see them I am like, "wow is that a huge stroller" and I've never owned a small stroller, all of mine have been huge! :ROTFLMAO:

there is also the mountain buggy or zooper. I love zooper jogging strollers but not a fan of the other kind they make.. and they don't make the joggers any more so you'd have to find one used. I so regret selling mine...
Mountain Buggy's don't reverse. Unless they have something new I've missed, I will go look. I used to want a Zooper! I'm not a fan of 3 wheels but if it otherwise met my criteria, I could deal with it. But ya, there current offerings suck! I'll go Google the older models to re-familiarize myself with them.

the bug nets are useless but if you can buy a different brand UV shade etc that might work.

The City Select nets are useless? The integrated ones I'm talking about work really well. Like the EasyWalker June, Bugaboo, Valco, etc. They zip in and are UV protective and do a good job with keeping mosquitoes out. I don't want a solid UV shade, I need a net so DD can see out.

But none of the nice integrated ones work on other strollers because they are shaped to fit the seat/canopy and zip in.

V

VanIsleMommy

sorry it's not the mountain buggy I was thinking of.. there is a similar one but the name escapes me at the moment but it had 4 wheels. the only reversible mountain buggy is the double.

the city select doesn't come with a bug net, I mean the generic bug nets are useless. unless someone out there makes one better, in which case I want one! i'm not sure about the bugaboo etc. i've never met a bug net I liked... LOL

uppababy vista is another to look at, maybe the guzzie and guss? sorry it's been a while since i've been shopping! :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
sorry it's not the mountain buggy I was thinking of.. there is a similar one but the name escapes me at the moment but it had 4 wheels. the only reversible mountain buggy is the double.
When the name comes to you, please let me know! :)

the city select doesn't come with a bug net, I mean the generic bug nets are useless. unless someone out there makes one better, in which case I want one! i'm not sure about the bugaboo etc. i've never met a bug net I liked... LOL
The integrated UV/insect nets are really nice. They are made from a UV protective, silvery fabric so they don't rip like other nets, child can see through them and they typically zip into the hood, and attach elsewhere.

Bugaboo one is like this:
image_gallery

Easywalker June like this:
5509df23246c318292780c4c9c58298c.jpg

uppababy vista is another to look at, maybe the guzzie and guss? sorry it's been a while since i've been shopping! :)

I've owned the Vista and I'm not a fan. It has a bucket seat, the bug net sucks and isn't UV protective, and the wheels don't have as smooth a ride as they look like they would. I even tried my friend's new one with the better suspension and it wasn't enough better IMO.

As for the G+G 042, I think it's a nice stroller but it has a bucket seat IIRC.

And I'm not purposely trying to be difficult, I'm just wanting to point out what I don't like in case that trigger an idea of what will work in someone's head.

I totally appreciate your suggestions! Anything suggested helps me to weigh pros/cons. :love:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Okay I just realized that the giant single to double I've been thinking of is the B-Ready! I always confuse it and the City Select. I'll have to do some measurement comparing.

I'm thinking maybe the Valco Spark. I'll have to email Valco to see if they'll have a UV net like they do for the TriMode and had for the Buggster.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
VanIsleMommy said:
easywalker!!! that's what I was thinking of. ya I'm not an uppababy fan either. I was all set to buy one and then I tried it in the store and hated it.

I will keep my eyes peeled. I think you would love the zooper though. 3 wheels but it's really sturdy.

ETA: http://www.babystrollershop.com/101REDGRAY0-5.jpg

We cross posted! Ya I want the EasyWalker June actually but it's not coming to Canada at this time and it's ridiculously expensive.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Zooper. Wish I would have bought one instead back when I bought the Valco TriMode.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I will keep looking, so far I think you really just want the June. ;)

I looked at the Moodd, but not sure the tires are big enough for you, it's three instead of four wheels, and no netting.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Color me dumb...but what is a bucket seat? And if it isn't a bucket seat what is it considered? :)

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
CTRS4peds said:
Have you considered a bugaboo?

I've had a Cameleon. Did not like it. Love the breezy canopy though. The upcoming Cameleon has fixed a few things I didn't like but it still has that darn bucket seat.

TXDani said:
Color me dumb...but what is a bucket seat? And if it isn't a bucket seat what is it considered? :)

I'm probably using the wrong name for it. But the seats that are like infant buckets where the backrest and butt aren't independent of one another. Like the Vista and Bugaboo. I like seats where the backrest reclines independently.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
TechnoGranola said:
I've had a Cameleon. Did not like it. Love the breezy canopy though. The upcoming Cameleon has fixed a few things I didn't like but it still has that darn bucket seat.

I'm probably using the wrong name for it. But the seats that are like infant buckets where the backrest and butt aren't independent of one another. Like the Vista and Bugaboo. I like seats where the backrest reclines independently.

Gotcha..bucket seat makes sense just fine. ;)

ckelly626

Valco spark!

1. reversible seat - Yup!

2. non-bucket style seat - Yup! Even converts to a bassinet!
3. air tires or similar - EVA tires in front, air in the back
4. available UV protective net - keeps bugs out too - not yet. But you may be able to find another brand that fits.
5. would prefer if the seat sat up higher - not sure about this. Looks high to me.
6. 4 wheels preferred 7. reasonable basket - basket looks good

I don't have one but I want one to try. Maybe I should sell my double to fund it :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Valco spark!

1. reversible seat - Yup!

2. non-bucket style seat - Yup! Even converts to a bassinet!
3. air tires or similar - EVA tires in front, air in the back
4. available UV protective net - keeps bugs out too - not yet. But you may be able to find another brand that fits.
5. would prefer if the seat sat up higher - not sure about this. Looks high to me.
6. 4 wheels preferred 7. reasonable basket - basket looks good

I don't have one but I want one to try. Maybe I should sell my double to fund it :)

This is reminding me to email Valco and ask about the UV protective net for the Spark. Unfortunately none of the good ones fit other strollers as they are custom to the stroller they are made for. There's one called the Snooze Shade that's universal and I'm considering it, but it's not quite what I want. It's kind of a dark pit. I've tried the PramPopper and the Jolly Jumper UV nets too and I hate how they look like you pulled a bag over your stroller. LOL

I don't need the bassinet of the Spark as TechnoBaby is 8 months now :)eek:) but that feature would probably be good for resale.

I've been wondering what they recline is like on the Spark. They just say it has 3 positions and don't mention how it adjusts. If it's some silly zipper system, I'll be annoyed. I like nice, one handed reclines. And I need a bolt upright position.

ETA: found a bunch of pics of the Australian version http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=valco+spark Not sure if the North American version is identical or not, but the recline is a button :thumbsup: but the seat is looking more bucketish than I thought...hopefully it's out soon so someone gets one and does a good review! I think the 3 position recline is a drawback as this mean they didn't give it a really upright position. The most upright is a bit reclined, then more reclined, then all the way back. I need a 4th upright position. This baby is like TechnoKid and if the seat is reclined at all, she spends the entire trip lifting her body off to sit more upright.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I will keep looking, so far I think you really just want the June. ;)

I looked at the Moodd, but not sure the tires are big enough for you, it's three instead of four wheels, and no netting.

I like different but the Moodd is too weird. LOL Ya, the June is pretty great. It's only drawback really is that it's a small stroller so it sits low. I'm used to big honkers and now I'm so used to her sitting higher in the Mylo that I really, really like it. And the June is so darn expensive! I obviously have to give somewhere though...what will I give on...hmmmm...why can't the world revolve around me and the stroller people make exactly what I want? :p If everything else met my needs, I could probably give on the UV net and try that SnoozeShade.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC