Comfy Carry Elite feedback

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I like this seat for the features it offers for the price point (in Canada it's $99, which is a smoking price for a front-adjust seat). However, I have yet to actually handle one. Comments, good or bad?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've really liked what I've seen of it. Some people are weirded out because of the way it lifts up in the back, but I'm not concerned by that as many other seats do that too. The Elite doesn't have an adjustable base (the Elite Plus does) but that's not really that bad, no worse than the OnBoard basic base where for most cars I have to put the recline "off" and use a towel or noodles anyway. Not an insurmountable issue, IMO. And fits tinies really well. Not super tall of course, but hey, for people who just want one for a month or three, maybe six, and don't care about getting through two winters with it or whatever, it's fine unless you have a super-tall baby (I imagine Maggie would have been out of this before a month old, lol.) I assume you've seen the Carseatblog review? :)

robbertbobbert

I've noticed it being given out as a program seat in the NICU I volunteer in lately. I like it much, much better than the Evenflo infant seat they gave out before. It fits the littles very well and is easier to use/install correctly.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Elite doesn't have an adjustable base (the Elite Plus does) ... I assume you've seen the Carseatblog review? :)

I don't know that we have the Plus version up here. I think only Walmart carries it, and only the Elite version. Is the hollow base an issue with noodles -- obviously you'd have to cut the noodle to be wider than the base, but then does the wider noodle interfere with the lower anchors? Just speculating here :)

And thanks for the link to the blog review. Don't know why I didn't think to look there first :doh:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The one check I did on one with non-adjustible base, we used a rolled towel because I did think that would be easier than noodles with the base, but I don't think we tried the noodles, just went to the towel since I was over at my friend's house so it wasn't a big deal to say "hey, grab a towel."

rachelandtyke

Can you install without the base? I didn't notice it in the review, but I'm overlooking plenty of things these days . . .

Our infant seat expired, so I'm trying to decide whether we should get a bucket to use in the beginning (we have plenty of convertibles baby can use), but it might be helpful to get one in the beginning and then have it to use for travel (I sold my CCO :().

jnamommy

I too have been looking at this seat. I don't want to spend a fortune on an infant seat I won't use long, would rather save for a cool convertible ;). However, I saw on the TRU website that it says "base sold separately" - does anyone know if the seat comes with one base? If not, that definitely affects how the price compares to something else.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I too have been looking at this seat. I don't want to spend a fortune on an infant seat I won't use long, would rather save for a cool convertible ;). However, I saw on the TRU website that it says "base sold separately" - does anyone know if the seat comes with one base? If not, that definitely affects how the price compares to something else.

It comes with one base.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC