My son faked me out.

Baylor

I bought the fr85 because I was SURE he was going to outgrow the GN. Well here he is. 4.5. 56 lbs. 46 ins.

Dh just said he wants me too keep both and I may because he may outgrow harness by weight. But geez. I swear he shrunk.

auto correct hates me

Last edited:
ADS

Brianna

Gotta love it when they do that ;) J hit 36 pounds at 22 months so I thought there was no way he'd be under 40 pounds by his 3rd birthday. Little bugger is still 36 pounds and he's 3 in less than a month- he did grow 3" though.

I think it's a good idea to keep both.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Baylor

I was freaking because I was so afraid he'd have to booster before 5. I bought the fr85 when he was still 3.

I hate to say it but I think I overspent in car seats.. ;)

Now I guess I'll have to start a booster obsession.

Kat_Momof3

is that with the seat installed in your car? if it's not, that could be what gave him more room... the nautilus always lost harness room during install for me.

Baylor

Kat_Momof3 said:
is that with the seat installed in your car? if it's not, that could be what gave him more room... the nautilus always lost harness room during install for me.

That is installed on my middle bench in a 2001 Grand Caravan. He did not have that much room in my dhs explorer.

auto correct hates me

scariestone

DS has done that to me several times too in several seats. :rolleyes: He's about the same age and weight as yours. Unfortunately once he outgrows the harness on his nauti he will have to be in a booster as the fr85 straps cut into his neck horribly no matter what I did so Its not an option. <Fingers crossed> he should be nearing 5 and a half when that happens but he tends to have gigantic growth spurts so there's no telling for sure.

Shaunam

Has he slimmed down recently? I know when Adrian slimmed down some he lost padding in his butt, therefore torso height. :p

Baylor

Not really. He is just solid. I am pleasantly surprised as the GN's go better on the middle bench because I can LATCH in the GN in booster mode for DS1.

But with the FR85 there I just can not reach between to buckle ds1 at all.

linneabw

Mine did the opposite, was huge, slowed down to 50th percent at 12 months so I got 35lb rfing seats, then he went and got big again and outgrew 35lbs at two so we had to get the xtsl.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC