How easy is it to replace Nautilus harness?

Athena

Background: 6yo outgrowing Nautilus harness and when I tried her in it for booster fit (pulling harness to the side, putting seat belt on through guides, and without going anywhere) some months ago, it did not look like a good fit.

However, when I tried her now (in a different car, so that may have made the difference), it looks like it does fit her as a booster (belt low over legs, shoulder belt over mid shoulder), so I'm considering removing the harness and seeing how she does. but, I'm feeling a little intimidated by removing the harness. If she does not do well or we decide we need this seat for DD2, will it be easy to put the harness back in?

Also, I thought I could use latch and tether with this seat during booster use and that is important to me. but I just read a recent thread disputing that. I don't know what to think. If I cannot, I might prefer a dedicated booster. Are there any other advantages to using a dedicated booster versus nauti in booster mode? Thanks!

ADS

Athena

Also, as long as I'm asking questions, how often do vehicle head rests go up high enough to use the boosters that require head rest behind them (e.g. monterey, vivo) to capacity? I was noticing that our car's head rests don't go much higher than the nautilus head piece and that doesn't seem that tall.

crunchierthanthou

The GN harness removal/replacement is easy-peasy.

Take off the cover and lay the back down. There are two arms that go through loops in the harness. Release those to slide the harness off or on. The worst parts to replacing are getting the crotch buckle back in, and routing the top over those stupid rollers and boxes.

eta: you only have to remove the cover on the bottom- just enough to lower the back and access the arms.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC