Infant seats that don't install well in a Windstar? (no latch)

Nisha

I am trying to narrow down my decision for an infant seat for our November addition, are there any infant seats/bases that do NOT install well with a seatbelt - especially with one that has a tall(er) fixed (can't be twisted) buckle stalk? We drive a '99 windstar.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Run far away from Baby Trend. Other than that, I don't know for sure. But that one will almost for sure give you problems with a rigid long buckle stalk.

crunchierthanthou

Scratch the Baby Trend seats off. Pegs don't play well with the best of seatbelts, so probably nix that, too. Safety 1st without adjustable bases are definitely out, maybe some of the adjustable ones, too.

B-Safe and Keyfit should be okay. SnugRide 35, too. Hey! Look at that. It's my 3 favorite seats to install with seatbelts. :p The Aton is easy with the seatbelt, but the routing is the slightest bit wonky, and I'm not sure how it would work with a fixed buckle stalk.

canadiangie

SR35 base sits nice and tall and lock-off is in the middle. I'm guessing it would be fine. I'm pretty sure April has a wind star and I know she used a KF. But for some reason I'm thinking she modded a bench into her 2nd row? Or maybe that's someone else.

SignCuer

I have a 96 windstar myself and love that thing!

graco works best. I have done per peregos before and while not easy is doable. chicco is harder but #2 on my list. it's harder to get it under the 1 inch rule but after its in there, I love it. I'm using one now in my van.

I have not done baby trend in my van which I need to try. perhaps today!

cybex, britax is good too but I'm not crazy about them personally.

prefer graco seats myself. I'm in the market for 2 size4mes right now :)

Nisha

Ugh, I didn't WANT a graco! LOL! I wanted to try something hip and new and insanely light weight! :)

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
I have a Freestar and love the fit of my Keyfit. Without LATCH I would probably go Snugride 35 or Keyfit. DEFINITELY not Baby Trend or Peg. I haven't tried the new Britax seats or Cybex though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC