Diono CS

w1street

Here is my story. I helped a friend down the street correctly instal he radian FF for her two year old (tried to talk her out of this but she was set on it...). We got all the major issues fixed like the seat not being locked since they had traveled with it, using only latch or seatbelt, and finding her top together which she didn't know she had. (this mom has a Ph.D. But told me she didn't like to read the long car seat manual!!! Thank god she knows me I guess...). So we get it installed but then I remember her son is under forty pounds so I ask her about her safe stop. No idea of course. I'm not using mine since my one month older child is still RF so I say she chan have it and order me a new one. Installs well and we're all good.

Later instead of making her order for me, we figure out an exchange for other baby goods and I order a safe stop, carry strap, longer straps as a backup, and a longer crotch buckle (June). I don't really need anything right then so I wait and a month later (July) I call and ask. Well the carry strap is out of stock as are the lover straps. I ask i ask if I can cancel the carry strap and change to normal straps and she says they'll go right out. While I was kind of upset that i didn't hear about the delay, I didn't need the parts so no worries.

Well a month later (mid August) they still aren't here. I call, and the CS rep says the shipping label was printed weeks ago so she'll check and call me back. Great. No call back. A few days later, I call again and ask about this. Same deal. We'll check and call you back. I'm not holding my breath. I send an email the next day when my order finally ships that I expected a call back and wanted to ask about my flaking angle adjuster. Really at this point I was pissed. Well I got an email back saying they were sorry for the delay and would put an angle adjuster in the mail today too. No call. Fine I thought. I'll never order again of I can stand it but I'll get my parts. I got an email a few days later saying my entire order was refunded.

So I guess I'm not out anything but if I had needed those parts sooner I'd have been out of luck...

Anyway I didn't post this earlier because I thought this was an isolated problem but reading another post it sounds like this is a common problem. Is it? I love my radian but this makes me pause since I wasted so much mental effort while trying to give them money...

Sorry for the long post. I guess I had a story to tell and needed to rant :)

ADS

Kat_Momof3

that really stinks. I remember when the company was SK back in the day they had good CS... it's just gone way way way downhill. It just makes me love Britax, whose customer service has rarely wavered.

luckyclov

that really stinks. I remember when the company was SK back in the day they had good CS... it's just gone way way way downhill. It just makes me love Britax, whose customer service has rarely wavered.
Yeah, that.

...although I've never *personally* had an issue with SKJP/Diono's CS, I know many others have.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I didn't have N issue any other time, but the first tech order I placed took a month and I hadn't heard anything. When I called back I found out it was because I had an AA in the order and they were back ordered. I finally got it all about 12 weeks after the initial order. I had gotten all sorts of parts previously and never waited long enough to warrant a call.

It has gone downhill. :(

monstah

Was your order was refunded but not cancelled? I only ask because I had a problem with an order once so they refunded me but still sent the package out.

Sounds horribly frustrating. I'd be aggravated to the nines.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC