Wow, I got a Radian, and I'm not thrilled yet.

groovymom2000

So we bought a Radian for my niece for my car. That was the hardest seat that I have had to install in a while! I have emailed Russ about one question regarding the tether strap, and to request wider buckle tongues--I am glad that everyone has posted so much about it. It's in there, but it wasn't easy, nor was it quick. I'm a bit disappointed in that, because it will make it harder for me to use it on a short notice. Guess I'll have to practice with it. I also thought that Elliot (6.5) could use it--but he is about 1.5 inches over the top slot, and his shoulders really are cramped. He is a tall kiddo! I'm not yet adding my install stats to the Radian thread--I need to check on a few things before I do it. I'm thankful that there has been so much posted on it, though--I was able to search and find most of what I needed in the threads! Hopefully we will like this seat better later on...

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Radian is harder to install the first couple times you do it. Once you've done it once or twice and get more familiar with the way of tightening the belt, it becomes much much quicker and easier.

I think you'll like it more as you get used to it. It's not a Britax, but it has it's own things that make it a nice seat, and that extra harness height for us was a necessity.

Don't let that tough first install make you nervous about uninstalling it to try again! I'd have left mine in forever once I got a solid install in my Astro, except that we were still in the process of having it repaired from my accident, so we were in & out of rental vehicles for a couple of months. Gave me lots of practice! :thumbsup: But if not for that, I'd have been pretty intimidated to try again...

With the Radian, it really is a case of "practice makes perfect"! :)

groovymom2000

Thanks! I heard from Russ this morning, and he also gave me a few suggestions, so I will be attempting it again later--I have to move it anyway, since Elliot won't fit in it. :( He's also sending some wider buckle tongues right out. Gotta love the service that Russ gives! :)

Morganthe

TBH, my Radian has never been a carseat I've been 'Thrilled" with. Even with the blah beige cover, I enjoyed the Maxi Cosi's features so much more :p Especially the fact I could reach back while driving and easily recline dd after she'd fallen asleep. Easy as pie installation, and definitely easy harness to manage.

But the Radian -- hmm. It suits my dh's car. It's functional, especially with that grey cover. No thrills or chills. It's a car seat for dd's comfort and safety. Nothing fancy. :shrug-shoulders: I don't have a problem installing it as long as the recline base is popped out. The Jetta's back seat slants + it also takes up a little more slack on the seatbelt stalk.

I think of it kind of like a traditional volvo or even my camry. Bland, but good. :whistle: I'll rhapsodize over the Madison Regent, but I'll just shrug my shoulders with the Radian. Which is good. If something happens to it in dh's car, I'll be po'd, not heartbroken. :thumbsup:

Perhaps I'll feel more connection when we eventually have the pink cover, but I won't know that for a while :)

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, not my favorite seat to work with... the adjuster has been peeving me RF in my van, and while I like the blue seat in the blue van and the easy un/loading of Leah into it (so nice and low! such low sides!), I think I'll go ahead and put my lovely Aloha Roundabout in my van, since It's MINE and I LOVE it (muahahaha, dh has had it b/c it's so easy to use, but he's not going to be driving her much/at all/anymore, so *I* want it back!)

Oh, right, sorry to hijack your thread, lol..yeah, not the easiest beast to install, but I'm sure you'll find the second and third attempts are less difficult than the first was... :love:

tjham

Thanks! I heard from Russ this morning, and he also gave me a few suggestions, so I will be attempting it again later--I have to move it anyway, since Elliot won't fit in it. :( He's also sending some wider buckle tongues right out. Gotta love the service that Russ gives! :)

Did you have to give him the serial number to get the buckle tongues? I bought a Radian but it is in my son's truck.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC