Am I the only one not impressed with size4me?

desisue0131

We got this seat yesterday for my 3 1/2 year old to keep him RF but I have to smush him in this, knees are almost touching his chest :( And trying to get it buckled is almost impossible for me. It takes me 5 minutes just to get him in the thing. I donno, everyone else seems to love it. I was thinking it might work better for my 10 month old but then I'm still back to square one and need a seat for DS1....:mad:

ADS

Kel

I think the deeper sides might be what your not loving? My 2yr old DS had plenty of leg room left in his MR but he needed more internal shoulder room. We got him the RN RXT and I fell in love with the low sides. When he went back into the MR for a couple days, I could not believe how squished he was!!! He still had plenty of head and leg room, but his legs where bent up because they could not just hang over the sides. And his shoulders were so much more squeezed then I remembered.

So kinda thinking I'm not a lover of deep seats for older kids.

Kelley

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I really love the interior space - my 4 year old is ALL legs and he was very comfortable RF in it. I do very much dislike the harness adjuster though - I'm hoping it'll get smoother with use, but the last inch or two is extremely difficult. And the crotch buckle is fairly annoying for my big kid, more so because of location than the actual buckle but I'm planning on using it for #2, and I think with an infant/toddler I won't mind so much, we'll see.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
If he's on a seat that can recline, I found that made an amazing difference. My Pilot seats recline just a bit, but it changes the install/angle and gives so much more leg room. I should probably verify that Graco is okay with that, though I can't see why it would be a problem.

The buckle definitely gets easier with use - and as the kids and I have developed a routine and gotten used to it.

desisue0131

I think it's mostly just my vehicle seats. I installed it in the center and he has a ton more room. The KeyFit 30 puzzles really well with it but I am going to have to move the baby into something bigger within the next few months, he has about an inch of height left to grow. Maybe the cco will work, it's doesn't seem to be a whole lot bigger then the keyfit. We are trying for another baby so I going to have to do a 3 across for a few years until this vehicle is paid off. Any one have some good 3 across ideas in a Trailblazer? I seem to have a lot of room.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Radian puzzles beautifully under the S4M. I'm actually able to get MR-RN-S4M (all RF) as a pretty tight 3-across.

kaharris83

I want to love it. I'm really trying, but it isn't going very well for us. That last inch of harness adjustment is pretty much impossible for my weak little arms. DH had a problem doing it too and finally lowered the head rest/harness height to get rid of the extra slack, but then the headrest looked uncomfortable. I wanted something with more side coverage but the legroom of the Radian when we move DS1 outboard in December when DS2 arrives. So far DH is not convinced the S4M is our answer. I do love the fabric, the legroom seems decent in our 2011 Pilot, and there's more side coverage than our Radian XTSL. It didn't puzzle next to our center seatbelt installed Radian at all though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC