Question Remind me Nautilus ??'s

mlohry

So the Nati in booster mode, should it be tethered in? Also what is the FF latch weight limit on it? I'm asking for my friend. Would you keep your 6.5 year old harnessed in it when she just is going to the top harness height. She still has room to be harnessed. Friend is trying to decide. I am encouraging her to keep using it in booster mode at least since she has no side air bags.

Last edited:
ADS

Jessica61624

What do you mean rf latch limit? Do you mean the tether limit? I don't believe your allowed to tether in boisterous mode but I'm not 100% sure on that.

mlohry

Jessica61624 said:
What do you mean rf latch limit? Do you mean the tether limit? I don't believe your allowed to tether in boisterous mode but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I'm sorry, it's late not RF, FF. What is the weight limit that you can use latch FF? I thought that Graco went back and forth with the Nati about using the tether in booster mode. We had Natis for our boys at 1 point, but never used them in booster mode.

I edited my OP.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They did kind of go back and forth... LATCH in booster mode is still kind of unresolved as far as I know. Check the manual for the specific seat if you want to be conservative.

LATCH limit is 48 lbs. unless the vehicle states a lower limit.

xursusmaritimusx

Yes you can use LATCH to secure the nautilus while in booster mode. If anyone emails graco they will confirm it through email but i don't think they have updated any manuals yet. Maybe after the Affix comes out? (new latchable turbo booster)

As for your friends situation. If her child is mature enough i see no problem using it in booster mode vs harness at this point.

My own dd is turning 6 and still has about .5-.75" left in harness mode. I've chosen to keep her harnessed just because she fits. She is booster trained though and maybe we will switch to full time booster riding soon.

One plus to harness mode is that it can be easier for most kids to buckle themselves vs trying to buckle a seatbelt. I know this to be true for us.

mlohry

xursusmaritimusx said:
Yes you can use LATCH to secure the nautilus while in booster mode. If anyone emails graco they will confirm it through email but i don't think they have updated any manuals yet. Maybe after the Affix comes out? (new latchable turbo booster)

As for your friends situation. If her child is mature enough i see no problem using it in booster mode vs harness at this point.

My own dd is turning 6 and still has about .5-.75" left in harness mode. I've chosen to keep her harnessed just because she fits. She is booster trained though and maybe we will switch to full time booster riding soon.

One plus to harness mode is that it can be easier for most kids to buckle themselves vs trying to buckle a seatbelt. I know this to be true for us.

When you say Latch, should she use the tether too?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
LISmama810 said:
In booster mode, you can use lower anchors or top tether or both or neither. That's according to a memo from Graco from a long time ago.

ETA: I think the Nautilus has a 48-lb LATCH limit, though the car's could be lower. That limit only applies in harnessed mode, though. Booster it's ok at any weight.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I thought that then rescinded/denied that memo? That's why it's all complicated and confusing...

Athena

Huh? :( We were just about to use our nauti in booster mode and I though that I could use the tether and anchors with it. (I've started my own related thread and am bumping this up too.)

tjham

I don't believe your allowed to tether in boisterous mode but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Sorry, I had to laugh at "boisterous mode."! My grandson is often boisterous in his Nautilus and it is tethered! :D

(I know - that darn auto correct - it gets me too!)

Dmcj13

I was recently told by Graco that tether is ok, latch is ok too, but only if not pulled tight, just attatched.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC