Need a booster to fit these requirements..help please!

HaileysMommy

DD is only 3 so I am not booster savy! I carry kids for work a lot and all we have there are LBTB's (boo). So I need to look into getting a booster for my car with these features..

30lb lower weight limit
adjusts very short to very tall
does not need headrest (my car has none)
fits a wide variety of children
puzzles with a size 4 me (RF or FF) or a prosport

I drive a Sebring so a pretty substantial back seat. I have a bubble bum that I can use if a child isn't too tall but I need an HBB for the taller kiddos since I don't have headrests. As a tech I realize that it would be best practice to put 4-5 (possibly older) children in a harness. But for my job (realistically) I sometimes have to make do with what I have available especially when I don't know I am transporting ahead of time. Thanks for all your help!

ADS

Brianna

Is it possible to buy a HWH seat instead? Is work willing to help pay, or are you just buying out of the goodness of your heart to get them in something better than a backless turbo?

HaileysMommy

Work won't pay. I am buying the seat bc my options are a LBTB, Scenera, or Cosco HB Booster (the harness one). Or infant seats but we have plenty of those. I frequently see kids who have outgrown the Scenera or Cosco but are way, way too small for the LBB. Of course in my car they ride in my DD's seat. Anyway..the problem with a HWH is that I have to adjust the seat for kids and I haven't found any that are super friendly for that. I am getting the s4m because it will go from teeny to a HWH (and easy to adjust, 2 lets of latch, etc) but I don't have the option of buying more than one at this time. Typically at work if I had a 1year old then I could use the scenera, a 2 year old could go in the Cosco and and 3 or older in the s4m. They are usually spaced more than that but even if I had a nb, 1 and 2 I would be covered with me just having the s4m. Am I making any sense? lol So I am trying to make sure I can cover a 3 across if the kids are say...6 and older hence the need for boosters. If I made that too confusing let me know lol

Brianna

Well I think if you get the S4M then you'll be fine without a high back booster. It should easily fit kids until they meet the minimums for the backless Turbo. Unless I read that wrong and I'm missing something obvious- totally possible :eek:

HaileysMommy

I need an HBB because i could have a 2 year old in the scenera, a 5 year old in the s4m and then a 9 year old. Since I have no headrests I couldn't use the bubble bum with a taller child.

lovemy2kidstw

I would say get the Graco turbo booster Highback. It has a 30 lb min weight & fits small kids & bigger kids well. I don't know about the puzzling though

momtoo3

If you can afford it, I would get a Recaro Vivo. It fits smaller kids well and goes up taller than the HBTB. Ds2 is 7 yrs, 56 pounds and 50 inches. He is on the highest setting of the HBTB but has a few more clicks on the Vivo.

HaileysMommy

momtoo3 said:
If you can afford it, I would get a Recaro Vivo. It fits smaller kids well and goes up taller than the HBTB. Ds2 is 7 yrs, 56 pounds and 50 inches. He is on the highest setting of the HBTB but has a few more clicks on the Vivo.

What about needing a headrest?

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I like our probooster but it is pretty high maintenance as it is tippy in MANY vehicles. It is basically useless to us now as it doesn't work well in either vehicle.

Totally jmo, but the Turbo has very few compatibility issues, fits small kids very well, is fairly easy to use, and can be used without the back, does not require a headrest. For your purposes, I personally would choose it over the vivo or the probooster.

kam1011

Throwing in a vote for the Parkway. It's the tallest, and if we're talking about potential 9yos and no headrests, you need tall :) My DD1 outgrew the HBTB at 5.5. I don't think it's a good option for various kids of various heights and no headrests.

Kat_Momof3

I would go for the Britax parkway... it isn't the narrowest, but it's the tallest, BUT it only holds 40lbs and up.

I think for a 30lb & up booster, I'd go with the Harmony dreamtime because it is the narrowest. It is on the short side, though, so that may be an issue.

HaileysMommy

I could always find me a cheap HBB turbo for the smaller of the bunch if I have a tall 38lber or something. I seriously doubt MY DD will be 40lbs at 5 so a parkway or something wouldn't be wasted at all. Thanks ladies!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC