Booster Commercial

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Weren't we just talking about not seeing CR commercials on TV.

DH is watching Yu-Gi-Oh (no idea :rolleyes:) on fox right now, and there was just a commercial by NHTSA and the Ad council about "4'9 is the magic number". It was cinderella themed (because those who like strange anime apparently also are interested in fairy tales :p). Anyway, it has the fairy godmother turning the pumpkin into a carriage, then goes to a picture of a girl sitting in TB, and the fairy godmother "magically" apparates the seatbelt on her - perfectly (no misuse that I could see). The little girl looked about 6 to me, and the commercial also said something like "infant seat to toddler seat to booster, make sure your precious cargo is safe" or something to that effect.

All in all, I thought it was pretty good - and I'm glad they showed a bigger kid (and didn't say anything about 4 or 40# - the idea was that a kid needs to be in a booster until 4'9)

ADS

kangato2roos

There is another commercial here (Virginia, probably elsewhere but as I am not elsewhere I couldn't tell you) about booster use. I've seen the Cinderella one and we've got billboards all over with the Fairy Godmother and "4'9" is the magic number!" but we've got a great commercial aimed more at the adults.

It shows a series of kids... all you can see is the top of their heads. I can't remember the dialogue (I don't watch much tv) but the kids are talking about all the big kid/grown up stuff they can do. But you can't see their faces. At the end, a girl (7ish? She's definitely not a little girl.) steps up on a block/box/something and you can see her shoulders and face. She says something along the lines of "But in the car, I still need a boost up. 4'9" is the magic number. Until then, I need a booster seat."

I think it's great. Now if only we could get commercials out about extended harnessing and extended rear facing.

elle7715

We saw that one the other day on PBS. If you go to boosterseat.gov and click on "Campaign" you can watch all their commercials. They also have a bunch of posters. The only thing I don't like about the website is the 'calculator' where you put in the age and stats and it tells you what seat your child should be in. The info is a bit confusing.

tjham

Here's the Disney one. It's cool, but... it made my 6 yr old granddaughter want a booster when she still fits in her MA and FPSVD and Radian. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8KK5vrcMyY&mode=related&search=

And on this page, look at Campaign Materials - Television for a lot of great Public Service Announcements. I just wish they were on more often!

http://www.adcouncil.org/default.aspx?id=41

Buckle Up - CARS animation

Cropped Kids - Light Switch

Cropped Kids - Monkey Bars

Four Nine - Disney booster commercial

Precious Cargo - Disney booster commercial (slightly different)

Last edited:

twom

Buckle Up - CARS animation

Right idea, and hopefully it will help some kids. But I noticed on the Cars one, which is just about buckling up rather than kid-specific, the seat belt they show for buckling up is a lap-only belt. :rolleyes:

jdchic3

There is another commercial here (Virginia, probably elsewhere but as I am not elsewhere I couldn't tell you) about booster use. I've seen the Cinderella one and we've got billboards all over with the Fairy Godmother and "4'9" is the magic number!" but we've got a great commercial aimed more at the adults.

It shows a series of kids... all you can see is the top of their heads. I can't remember the dialogue (I don't watch much tv) but the kids are talking about all the big kid/grown up stuff they can do. But you can't see their faces. At the end, a girl (7ish? She's definitely not a little girl.) steps up on a block/box/something and you can see her shoulders and face. She says something along the lines of "But in the car, I still need a boost up. 4'9" is the magic number. Until then, I need a booster seat."

I think it's great. Now if only we could get commercials out about extended harnessing and extended rear facing.

I've seen that one too! We re in CA.

beeman

Our local insurance had one on the local channels for a while, only they're big on the "until they are 8 or 9" motto. I guess people aren't bright enough to use a measuring tape :rolleyes: . It's good to see some promotion in the right direction though.

Weren't we just talking about not seeing CR commercials on TV.

DH is watching Yu-Gi-Oh (no idea :rolleyes:) on fox right now, and there was just a commercial by NHTSA and the Ad council about "4'9 is the magic number". It was cinderella themed (because those who like strange anime apparently also are interested in fairy tales :p). Anyway, it has the fairy godmother turning the pumpkin into a carriage, then goes to a picture of a girl sitting in TB, and the fairy godmother "magically" apparates the seatbelt on her - perfectly (no misuse that I could see). The little girl looked about 6 to me, and the commercial also said something like "infant seat to toddler seat to booster, make sure your precious cargo is safe" or something to that effect.

All in all, I thought it was pretty good - and I'm glad they showed a bigger kid (and didn't say anything about 4 or 40# - the idea was that a kid needs to be in a booster until 4'9)

I've seen that commerical tons of times here. But then again i do live in FL, and tv here loves to show anythign with disney in it, even commericals. I love the commerical. it says that when they out grow their infant seats/toddler seats/ that they still need to be in a booster seat till the magic number 4'9"! I love that! It is a great way to make sure your kids are safe, and it's a message that everone who owns a T.V can get. It irks me to no end to think of my 5 yr old nephew in a regular seat belt in my parent's car! They came down here a few month ago, and he was not only in a regular seat belt, but they also let him recline the seat to sleep!! I was horrified. they just don't get it. I get the "they didn't have all this stuff when you were a kid and you are fine" line.
Beth

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC