Renting car seats while away

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
OTOH, you have two kids. The carseat is one child's, the stroller the other. So I could see you not having to pay, too.

Wendy

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oooh, that's true. And they'd probably try to be nice about it if their policy gives any leeway- they usually do try.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'm going to toss out another idea. Take it or leave it.

A lot of parent get wheels for the carseat, then put their child in the carseat in the airport. Wheel them around that way. Then instead of leaving someone behind while you run to the store to buy a seat, at some point you can run by a store and buy a cheap stroller. One less thing to carry at the airport. Leave the stroller behind when you leave (leave it for the housekeeping staff, leave it with family, donate it to Goodwill, etc.). Or if you're going someplace like Disney, rent a stroller on days you need it.

Wendy

PeachyPie

I found somewhere I can rent a GoGo Travelkidz in Toronto. 25$ for the week. And that would mean we wouldn't have to bring a stroller since we don't plan on using one (we're not really stroller people, but they're kind of needed for the airport!). How brilliant! They can even stay on the car seat while installed on the plane. Great suggestion, thank you so much Wendy and Ketchupqueen!!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You are quite welcome.

I haven't used the GoGo Kidz, but I've heard disappointing things about the wheels actually being able to stay on. So just be aware that you may actually have to remove the wheels.

If you have the two seats, a $25 luggage cart from amazon.ca with bungee cords may work better for the seat in the box plus the extra seat. And it'd be reusable.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC