Who carries Recaro boosters in store?

mommy2girls

I was hoping to try out a vivo and a probooster for my 5 1/2 year old. We went to BRU & Buy Buy Baby with no luck. Any other ideas of who carries them in store, if anyone?
She is 44 1/2", 36-37 lbs, 16" torso. Should I just assume she'll fit well? She is on the thin side. Currently rides in a Radian with room to grow still. We are looking to start booster training/occasional rides etc.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

specialty baby stores are your only bet... and I'd call before going out. Most likely, you'll just have to order online.

She should fit. If she's leggy, I wouldn't go with the vivo, though, as it does not have a deep seat pan at all. If she's leggy, I'd go with the probooster.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
There are a couple of chains that have locations that are local to me that carry Recaro seats, Right Start and USA Baby.

mommy2girls

I would say she is leggy, so maybe I should cross the vivo off my list.

I'm worried about the tippy-ness of the probooster. It would go in an '11 Odyssey & a '10 civic of ours. With the potential to be used in grandma & grandpa's '10 trailblazer & '03 GMC Sierra crew cab. Any info on how it does in those vehicles?

Maybe I should just stick to something simple like a turbo booster. I'm really agonizing over thus purchase more than any carseat I've ever bought.

And no USA Baby or Right Start near us. :(

mommy2girls

And here she is in a First Years B-something. I don't remember the model number. We just tried it because they had it. It is not the model with LATCH, that I do remember.

Excuse the face. She was mid-sneeze. I'm not sure of the fit & the seat seemed pretty wide for her. Is that okay? Based on how she seems to fit here, can anyone recommend other seats that would fit her better?

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 20

Kat_Momof3

I LOVE the fit of the compass booster (I wanna say that's the B540) on her... it's PERFECT

I can see she IS REALLY leggy... I'd totally go with whichever model of the first years boosters she likes best, since if one without the extra lap belt guides fits her, they all will.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
FWIW - I would not rule out the Vivo just because she's "leggy". She's only 5 1/2 so she can't be that leggy. If she was 10 and all legs then maybe I'd say she might be uncomfortable. The Vivo is my DS's favorite booster and we own or have tried most of the boosters currently on the market. He's 8 about 52-53" tall and wears a size 8 in jeans. Still perfectly comfortable in his Vivo - it's great for sleeping and fits thin kids really well too. Just my :twocents:

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
You could order the ProBooster from a site with a good return policy.
I do :love: the PB!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC