Any new combo seats in the works?

linneabw

Or a very tall convertible.

I'll be needing one in the next 6 months. I want the height of the Frontier, but not necessarily the price tag (and I've heard it can be a pain to install). I like the Nauti, but I have a tall kiddo that I think would maybe make it to 6 in the Nauti. I loved the height of the harness on the Evenflo Sure fit (the Tribute 65 is it?) but heard so-so things about it. We may need more than 65 lb limit to get to 7 as well. DS is 3.5, 42/43 pounds and not sure how tall. I tried him ffing in his xtsl and he has about an inch. He's still rfing now though.

ADS

Baylor

I never had trouble with the Fr85 and I never had installed one with lbp before. I have no trouble with lbp or sbp and even installed it in the back of an 08 Mustang.

I have the GN's and love them. My son is a big huge boy. He is 4.5 and 56lbs and 46 inches tall and still has room before he outgrows GN.

I bought the Fr 85 because I figured at 45 lbs at 3 I would need it but he has gained more height than girth and still has plenty of room.

alex9179

I've only installed the Frontier latched in the 2nd row captains chair and 3rd row middle in a Caravan, so I'm not well versed, but it was very easy. Doesn't move at all. The belt path videos seem straight forward, but I guess I'll see for myself in a year or so!
It's clearanced on Wayfair for 180 (cow & onyx), so not bad.

Sorry, I'm not well versed in the alternatives.

jjordan

There were rumors a while ago about a combination seat from The First Years. The early news looked quite promising, but it seems to have disappeared.

Is there a reason why you want to keep your children harnessed to age 7?

Phineasmama

Between the short belt path, long belt path, and LATCH, you can usually find an install method that works really well. I use the LBP in my CR-V and the first time I did it it took me a few minutes, now it takes my like 45 seconds flat. Very easy. I like the FR85 better than pretty much any other forward facing seat out there.

Brianna

There's no way the SureRide will actually last to 65 pounds with the short harness.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Brianna

It should be, but they've never made their tether straps longer. I know a member here was planning to email pics to Evenflo of bigger kids in the seat to show how little harness was left.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org

Mags462

Not sure exactly how acurate this is - but the First Years B830 Combo seat is listed here at Kids N Cribs as shipping in Sept. If nothing else it will show you the design/features as compared to the other things.

And if you decide you want a Frontier, go for it, but personally i don't like them :eek: I intend to give this First Years seat a try and then either stick with it or get a Nauti.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC