Question Which seats will fit in 2004 Dodge 1500 Quad Cab

jordansmom

Will need to install two seats for a 6 hour highway drive for my boys in a couple weeks and would love some opinions or BTDT advice...

Seats that I could use:
FR 85
RN
RA
Scenera

DS1 (3 yrs 3 mths) rides in the RN RFing and the FR 85. DS2 (10 mths) rides RFing in a RA in both vehicles.

We are taking the train one way while my dad drives down. Then we will all be returning in the truck. I will pre-install the seats before he leaves, but since it's an hour drive to his house, I'd prefer to bring seats I know will work, as opposed to all of them and not be sure.

I am almost positive the RA will work for DS2, but my concern is the seat for DS1...I don't think the RN will fit rearfacing, but also am not sure the FR85 will fit with 80% on the seat. I previously installed the Scenera FFing for a one time drive, but wasn't that comfortable with how it layed against the back window, so we took a different vehicle.

Any experience anyone? Thanks for all your wisdom!

ADS

aeormsby

We have an '04 Dakota quad cab. The Frontier fits fine, so does the Roundabout RF (that's the RA right?). I never had a Radian to try to try, it's possible you could fit the Radian RF center (so between the front seats) and one of the other seats RF on the side. I could fit our Marathon RF behind the driver and a Snugride in the center (and I know the full size would be wider than ours, not sure if there's more room front to back or not).

jordansmom

We have an '04 Dakota quad cab. The Frontier fits fine, so does the Roundabout RF (that's the RA right?). I never had a Radian to try to try, it's possible you could fit the Radian RF center (so between the front seats) and one of the other seats RF on the side. I could fit our Marathon RF behind the driver and a Snugride in the center (and I know the full size would be wider than ours, not sure if there's more room front to back or not).

Thank you! So atleast I know the Frontier and Roundabout will fit! How does the Frontier lay against the back of the seat and glass when you have it installed? Also, I've read about the "odd" tether routing for FFing...I'm hoping to put the Frontier center and will route it through the center loop to the passenger side tether anchor...but how does this work with the way Britax top tethers come from the seat in a "v shape"?

aeormsby

The tether works OK, it's a little awkward, definitely get it routed before you get the seat tightly installed. Then just pull it tight on the non adjustable side and then tighten on the adjuster side. I think it's easier with the v-shaped tether than the straight ones where sometimes you need to get the adjuster through the 1st loop to get it to tighten (I don't think I did that with the Frontier). And with the headrest on the frontier forward of the main part of the seat it doesn't get very close to the glass (never had that problem with our FF Marathons either).

jordansmom

Just wanted to update that I was able to get a great install of the FR85 passenger side outboard with latch and top tether and the Roundabout with seatbelt and lockoffs rearfacing center.

There is no center headrest and I was not comfortable with the way the FR85 touched against the back glass nor the amount of overhang on the "smaller" center seat.

The Roundabout went in great and there are easy access points for the D-ring and rearfacing tether.

Thanks for helping!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC