Would you ever buy a CR on ebay?

mom2ari

If it was marked new in box? Does your answer apply to all CRs ie: harnessed seats, vests, ez-on products? Or is it always unsafe?

ADS

Brianna

I would only buy from Baby Surplus, which is Albeebaby's ebay account. To buy from anybody else, even marked NIB off ebay just isn't worth the risk to me.

lovemy2kidstw

Yes & I have bought off of eBay. How is it any different than buying off of NoBetterDeal.com? I have bought a turbobooster from a seller that processes returns just like NBD. When I got it, the tags were attached & it had an amazon return label on the box.

Baylor

Yes I would. As long as DOM was there and it was new in box. I don't think its any different than ordering from anyone else on line. You have no idea what the seats go through no matter where they are from.

Kat_Momof3

yes... many times they are sold through accounts owned by stores for selling surplus stock. But always check... it's easy to tell stores from people. Also, as long as the photos showed it new in box and it had all proper tags on it and was new, then yes.

Christie

I wouldn't buy from a person just claiming that they are selling an extra... unless they show the item with the tags still on and/or the box still commercially sealed (which, IMO, there should be marked tape from the manufacturer that shows it's unsealed... I can dream, can't I?!?!?!).

I would always prefer to buy from a surplus store or a commercial dealer. More and better protection.

jeminijad

I would. It have before, once or twice.

I rarely do, because the prices people want and are willing to bid items up to just aren't really a great deal.

Like PPs, it needs to be an eBay store, or have other indications that it truly is new. Maybe someone bought a $30 Keyfit clearanced at Target and stuck it on eBay for $90. The only difference is one more leg of travel.

Buyer protection is good on eBay now, too.

nevaehsmommy

I bought a True Fit. It was labeled Brand new , box opened. The seat was in perfect condition in a true fit box. Not sure why they did not keep the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC