Random - has anyone ever done/seen a car seat related parade entry?

V

VanIsleMommy

This year I'd like to do SOME kind of parade entry related to car seat safety and have something we can use in other parades too. So nothing too wintery/christmas themed.

ideas? I'm thinking... convertibles with car seats and banners?

ADS
V

VanIsleMommy

I'm not going to be doing any big float that's for sure. LOL... but it's a good way to reach thousands of parents at once and have their attention for 30 seconds. some parades will let you hand things out, some not.

since the local firehall is certified now I might see if they want to team up too. the firetrucks are popular with the kids, they may let me add a banner to their truck or something... doesn't hurt to ask :)

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
since the local firehall is certified now I might see if they want to team up too. the firetrucks are popular with the kids, they may let me add a banner to their truck or something... doesn't hurt to ask :)

Just be sure the truck with your 'properly restrain your kids' banner on it doesn't ALSO have a whole bunch of unrestrained young kids sitting on top of it! LOL

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm sorry; I still don't understand. If you're not doing a float, then you're putting a banner on a car? Or you're walking with a banner and passing stuff out? I'm not trying to be dense, I just really don't know the options for participating in parades.

Also, what kind of parade are we talking? (I.e., what event/holiday?)

V

VanIsleMommy

haha ya, I thought about that with the firetruck and the kids :)

So far nobody else wants to participate so it might just be me. Some parades allow hand outs but some don't. There is about 3 or 4 parades in winter in neighboring towns, and a few random in the summer. One parade is at night in the dark so I don't know if it's doable. I'm still brainstorming... the only thing I can think of is asking the local car dealerships to volunteer a convertible and a driver and putting a car seat in the back with a banner - short message and how to contact a tech. I don't have the time or skill to do a whole float. Sure it would be nice to have giant car seats with animated robot kids waving and speakers blasting car seat tips, but uhm... lol not really doable :p hahaha..

I was just wondering if anyone had seen anything done in the past, looks like no???

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC