Peg Perego - manufactured in 2011, compliant?

U

Unregistered

Hi, can anyone tell me if my Peg Perego is compliant? The date of manufacture if July 4, 2011. My listing on Kijjii was removed because they said all seats manufactured before January 2012 were not compliant, though mine very well could be but they have no way of knowing that.

Can anyone shed any light?

It seems like a waste to not be able to do anything with the seat!

Thanks,

Laura

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm not sure if Peg has made public the date at which their production became compliant. Best bet is to call Peg and ask them, and be sure they understand the difference between 'compliant to 2012 standards' versus 'still safe to use.' Your seat may very well be compliant.

If it IS, then you can legally sell it but Kijiji seems to have changed their policy to prohibit the sale of seats with a date of manufacture prior to Jan 1 2012 as it's too much admin and liability for them to determine which seats are and which aren't before that date. http://help.kijiji.net/ca/knowledgebase.php?article=170

You may have better luck selling on a usedeverywhere site, or craigslist.

If it's NOT compliant, then see if there's a tech near you to give it to for training so it can have a second life teaching others.

jacqui276

I second calling Peg Perego to find out if it is compliant or not.

Depending upon how often people are policing and reporting seats on your local kijiji, you can sometimes get away with it lasting long enough to sell it. I sold my compliant but 2011 DOM seat on kijiji the other day even though my ad only lasted an hour before being flagged and taken down ... funny since there were non-compliant seats that have lasted awhile on there but people didn't list the DOM (some that were even clearly expired) but my compliant one got removed quickly because I did include the DOM.

Otherwise, craigslist or any other site like that that is local to you should allow you to post it if it is compliant!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC