fisher price car seats

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I have LOVED the FP seats that have been out in the past. The original group-- the Safe Embrace Infant, Safe Embrace Convertible, Safe Embrace II Convertible, Stay in View Infant, and Grow with Me-- were my favorites (the Safe Embrace booster was meh for me). I loved those seats.

I would be THRILLED if FP brought those seats back to the US market.

Last edited:

tjham

I have LOVED the FP seats that have been out in the past. The original group-- the Safe Embrace Infant, Safe Embrace Convertible, Safe Embrace II Convertible, Stay in View Infant, and Grow with Me-- were my favorites (the Safe Embrace booster was meh for me). I loved those seats.

I would be THRILLED if FP brought those seats back to the US market.

Yes, I loved the Safe Embrace convertible! I had two and hated it when they expired!
I also liked the Safe Voyage Deluxe except for the covers. Ick.

Uh, what's wrong with the Team Tex designs? :confused:

RubysGirl

FP was really cutting edge. I wish they didn't stop designing and making seats.

The safe embrace was massively wide, and short in the harness, but it was color coded, had eps foam, and built in lock offs.

They had a higher weight harness seat.

Then the stay in view. What a concept. Build in the mirror so it's not a projectile. And they took off the handle, so it was nice and narrow.

Kat_Momof3

well, I'm excited about all except the harnessed booster... the nania airway and the babytrend seat have shown us this is not a design that makes for easy installs or an easy to use seat.

It looks like Nania (or their parent company) is the one behind this generation of Fisher price branded seats, not Britax this time.

the weight limits suggest they aren't going to be available here and the store it says they are sold at are a british store.

sirrahn

Yeah, I had a Safe Embrace convertible, a Grow with Me harnessed booster, a Stay in View and a Safe Embrace booster back in the day and they were all really great seats for their time. They also made one of, if not the first, higher weight harness seat. The name is escaping me, but I remember a lady in my tech class (my cert is long expired) had 2 of them and we had fun playing. They installed with a long belt path and went up to 60lbs.

I wish they would bring some of those designs back with modern weight limits. I was all excited when I saw the title:p...not like I have kids to really ride in them anyway though!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yeah, I had a Safe Embrace convertible, a Grow with Me harnessed booster, a Stay in View and a Safe Embrace booster back in the day and they were all really great seats for their time. They also made one of, if not the first, higher weight harness seat. The name is escaping me, but I remember a lady in my tech class (my cert is long expired) had 2 of them and we had fun playing. They installed with a long belt path and went up to 60lbs.

I wish they would bring some of those designs back with modern weight limits. I was all excited when I saw the title:p...not like I have kids to really ride in them anyway though!

The Futura 20/60! I loved that seat, too! I had the overhead shield/tray one, which wasn't as awesome as the five-point one, but it was still cool. Scatterbunny had the five-point one (I think...).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Are these new to the UK? or been around for awhile?

I almost really loved my Safe Embrace. I got it shortly after they first came out. Loved it until DD could play with the harness release lever strap, and the lever would stay up, and she'd lean a bit and her harness would be completely loose. They had a recall on it and I hate to wait over a month for replacement parts, in the meantime my kid could get completely loose in her seat with minimal effort and once I replaced the harness release mechanism, a couple months later it started doing the SAME thing. I talked to FP and they told me that was impossible as they'd fixed it. :rolleyes: So I threw the seat in the trash and bought my Century NextStep DX.

henrietta

FP was really cutting edge. I wish they didn't stop designing and making seats.

The safe embrace was massively wide, and short in the harness, but it was color coded, had eps foam, and built in lock offs.

They had a higher weight harness seat.

Then the stay in view. What a concept. Build in the mirror so it's not a projectile. And they took off the handle, so it was nice and narrow.

I love, love, loved my Stay in Views!!! I also was super pleased w/the Britax made for FP knock off of the Decathlon and the booster. Mine both just expired. Used well by many, many kids!!

And I would buy another seat like the SIV in a heartbeat, if I had another babe.

Calleiah

Yep, I had a Futura. The LBP was awesome. Hated the way the straps adjusted though. That front adjuster was super hard to tighten. My oldest rode in that till she was nearly 6. Wish FP would make seats again. :/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC