Vent Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy!

twinmama92210

When I tell co-workers/family that I'm car seat shopping because my almost 2 year old twins are outgrowing their rfing seats and I need seats that are going to last them rfing for at least another year, if not 2. DH understands but my mom keeps pushing GN's at me (even after I have explained it, sent her articles and videos) and when I told a co-worker first thing she says is "where do they put their legs?" After I explain it to her she just rolls her eyes and shakes her head... So annoying when I know I'm doing the right thing for my kids and everyone thinks I'm crazy. That's why they are MY kids :D

ADS

Brianna

Everyone I know *knows* I'm crazy :) Sorry you're catching flak for it, but you know what you're doing!

I'm quite blunt with my mother and I would probably tell her please don't bring up car seats again until she has a study to show you that your children are safer forward facing.

G

guest1

I'm in the same boat. I've had quite a few people [randoms in the parking lot at grocery store, Wal-mart, etc.] casually mention that they can't believe that my DD is "still" rear facing. She's 15 months old!

bnsnyde

I'm nuts. If they don't make it RF to 4, I feel disappointed. I'll harness to 8 most likely. And they'll booster until it does not fit, even if they are 12! They are kind of tall, though.

You are awesome to be keeping your kids safe.

What do these people THINK is going to happen when a car SLAMS into theirs? That the kid's neck/spine will be perfectly fine? I can't see compromising on safety at all if it's within your ability to do all you can, given that crashes are bad ENOUGH, and every thing we can do to help keep a kid safe/alive, why not?

I love being nuts!

twinmama92210

Well we went to TRU for the kids to sit in CA's. Then I came home and just ordered dd's (in flutter) :love: since it was 20% off and not in the store, so it was only 135.99! :D Now just gotta wait until the trade in event to get 25% off on ds's since they have the black one in stock at the store. I even taught a TRU worker about the importance of ERF! DH asked if she knew anything about car seats and she said no she didn't have any kids and it was only her second day of work, so I told her how important it is! Hopefully she passes it on to everyone! It was funny though, dh looked at the box the CA was in and said it says FFing at 22lbs and I said yeah, so? Then I pointed to the other part of the box and said it says 34" and neither one of them are 34" yet! lol He knows the importance though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC