Hb or nb booster?

kirst

I have a hb booster thats going to expire soon and I cant decide if I should get another hb or get a nb.

The boy that uses it is 7.5 yr and wants a nb if it fits good. He isnt my child so I dont have him full time. I have him a few weeks in the summer which is over and every other weekend or so. Not sure on exact height but he wears a small boys shirt and size 6 jeans. What would you put a child this age and size in?

ADS

alex9179

It's my understanding that if the seat belt doesn't need the positioner on a hbb to sit properly, a lbb would be just fine with proper head support. There isn't evidence that either is safer as long as those two criteria are met.

kirst

I think going with a high back would be better since I can take the back off if I want to and it provides head support if I want him in the middle.

What high back would you recommend? He has two evenflow big kid boosters which he fits fine on the third click in the middle row of my tahoe. Would he fit good in the turbo ss? Any others to look at?

alex9179

I'm not the best person to ask for a certain recommendation since I've been asking that question recently, HA! My middle child is about the same size as the child you're asking about and these are the seats that have been recommended to me.

Britax Parkway- higher in price but has a piece that holds the lap belt in place and helps prevent submarining. Good for long torsos. Can be used without vehicle head rest support.

Recaro Vivo- also a bit pricey, good for smaller stature kids.

Graco Turbobooster- I'm looking at the SS version for sleep support, but for a part time rider I would think the regular one would be fine.

Diono Monterey - good for broad shoulders

I'm not sure if the T-SS needs headrest support. Definitely search the forum for the hbbs that don't need a headrest behind them.

Kat_Momof3

the Vivo doesn't convert to backless, so cross that one out.

I'd probably get a turbobooster or evenflo amp hbb for a part time rider

explain that when he sits in the middle, there is no head support, so he needs the back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC