Turbo SS good for sleeping?

alex9179

My 7 year old falls asleep in the car almost immediately. His current booster does not support him very well and he'll slump forward so I've been waffling between a deeply discounted Frontier 85 or Parkway SG. He wants cup holders :) so the Vivo didn't make the cut.

He's very small, 45" and 42 lbs. I like the idea of the Frontier for our 12 hour drives to visit family a couple of times a year. We also regularly make 1-2 hr trips. Having him more reclined and harnessed for these trips gives me piece of mind...but he IS 7 and turning 8 in Dec.

The Turbo Safety Surround looks like it would be on par for head support as the Parkway, and he tried it out in the store and liked it.

What do you think?

Last edited:
ADS

glockchick

I think it will be. DDs sleep ok the in regular TB and this has even bigger head wings. I have one for my almost 6 year old but she hasn't fallen asleep in it yet.

sirrahn

:yeahthat: I have a small 7 yr old too (40-41lbs...almost 48") and she's fallen asleep in her regular Turbos several times with no problem.

aetj115

My almost 7 year old twin step daughters fall asleep in the regular one often and there isn't a problem with head slump :)

glockchick

That's good news!

Aggieland? We're distant neighbors. I'm down here north of Galveston.

I love Galveston. I'd live there if I could. I've been there a lot this summer but not in the last two weeks because I broke my toe and foot doing the boogie board at Schlitterbahn. :eek:

alex9179

you mentioned his current booster not being sufficient... what is his current booster?

It's an Evenflo we got in 2008, not sure of the name. I didn't know how big he was and got what his, then, caregiver was using. I bought a Radian 65 once I was clued in about how he should have been riding. He didn't find it comfortable. This kid has no natural padding.

It doesn't give him any head support for sleeping and he finds this seat uncomfortable for long rides, too. We'll use it for DH's car in case he has to pick them up one day. It will work for short trips until it expires.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I love Galveston. I'd live there if I could. I've been there a lot this summer but not in the last two weeks because I broke my toe and foot doing the boogie board at Schlitterbahn. :eek:

Too ironic, I used to live in Galveston, and I once *nearly* broke my foot at Schlitterbahn. Good times, good times. :cool:

alex9179

I've never been to Schlitterbahn (just not a water park person) and now I'm thinking that's a good thing!

We usually go to the beach or eat somewhere on the Seawall. My kids love Moody Gardens pyramids, but those tickets are HIGH.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC