Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Registered User momto2novboys0405's Avatar

Red face Saturn Relay (2005) with three in third row

Hello! I'm having install issues! I don't even know if I CAN get three in the third row. All five spots have shoulder/lap belts center rear does not have headrest

I will be watching two little girls after school along with my three boys

DS1-65lb, 7 (will be 8 in two months) monterey
    DS2- 43lb, 6 (will be 7 in two months) Radian FF
    DS3-36lb, 3 Radian RF

Two little girls
    G1- 8 yo- around 48-50lb smallish
    G2-7 yo- 65lb (very tall)

Seats I have

3-Radians
    2-Monterey's
    1-GN
    1-BLVD
    1-LBB cosco no back booster

I can fit the two harness kids in the third row with the LBB but the child in the booster cannot buckle it.

Are there any other cheap LBB that is narrow? or even a HBB that doesn't require a headrest?
    Thanks for any help

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Saturn Relay (2005) with three in third row

Can you put the FF Radian in the 3rd row center position? It's narrow enough that you should be able to buckle two boosters on either side and that position has your only 3rd row tether.

For narrow boosters, the Harmony Literider ($14 at Wal Mart) or Cosco Topside ($16 at Target) are your best bets. Both are backless boosters. For HBB, the Parkway is fairly narrow and does not require a headrest.
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.

This is the Cosco booster I have...is it the topsider? I looks just like it? http://www.target.com/p/cosco-no-bac...d/-/A-13999428

If so I couldn't get it to install on the side of the Radian when in the center position (I mean I can get it in but the kids can't buckle it)
    that was my first thought LOL, but did worry about one of the kids unbuckling the Radian instead of their booster seat since I have no latch in the third row..The center and drivers side are the only two locations in the third row that have tether spots.

Mom of the older girl doesn't use a booster at all because she is 8 now and too old...so she doesn't care and thinks I'm being stupid..eh my car my rules, so she won't fork over any dough for a booster so the only options are the cheaper ones. I can't afford to invest $$ into seats when I'm not even being compensated to watch the kids

apparently my minivan isn't meant to haul kids around

How about the amp? is that easier to buckle in? it is roughly the same size but looks like it might be easier to buckle in?

Quote Originally Posted by momto2novboys0405 View Post
    How about the amp? is that easier to buckle in? it is roughly the same size but looks like it might be easier to buckle in?
    The Amp is pretty significantly wider, but it does have higher armrests so it may be easier to buckle depending on how it sits back there.

Hmm other than just playing with a bunch of combinations, I don't really have any great ideas since the seats you already have are all pretty narrow. I'm glad you're insisting that the 8 year old ride in a booster in your car though - good for you!
    Emma
    CPST-I & Colorado Mama to 5 year old Sam & 1 year old Grace, riding in a Frontier and a Coccoro.