Question Diono Radian RXT boot doesn't fit well in 2011 Subaru Forester

D

dwrippe

I know this is an OLD thread, but we have a 2011 Impreza and have some valuable information about installing the Radian RXT rear-facing, and I think it's important to note should others come across this thread in the future.

The issue we have found is a conflict between the add-on base and the way the Subaru seats are designed in this particular model.

By design, the two small tabs on the rear-facing base add-on are meant to slide into the seat crease where the bottom and top cushions meet.

However, on the 2011 Subaru Impreza, that crease does not fall at the "lowest" part of the seat and its actually about 2.5" above the bottom seat cushion (and above where the Latch access holes are). This design is so the rear seat backs can fold flat without having to flip up the seat bottom.

As a result, it makes it impossible to get the correct fit and "snugness" in the rear-facing position.

And the reason I feel comfortable saying this is because the Radian RXT fits perfectly snug in our 2003 Subaru. But the seat cushion design in that car is different.

So regardless of what others have said in this thread regarding other Subarus, the 2011 Impreza simply does NOT correctly accommodate the Diono Radian RXT in the rear-facing position (forward-facing is fine).

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
What you're describing is what we'd call a "raised bight" and I agree - the prongs of the Radian rear-facing boot don't tend to mesh well with vehicles with raised bights :(

Hope you found something that did work for you!

U

Unregistered

I agree with the last two comments though I would like know what is a good seat for this raised bight issue that we are encountering?
Darryl

U

Unregistered

What an annoying thread.

He says it doesn't fit properly and then briefly mentions it wrecking the fabric and that's what everyone focus' on and not that it doesn't fit properly!

The crack where the seat meets the back is RAISED on the Subaru forester 2011. So the base doesn't fit snugly in where it's supposed to and will not tighten properly.

https://imgur.com/a/FjmA9

Please only respond if you have a solution. Thanks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC