Seatpets - have you guys seen these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat_Momof3

I couldn't tell for sure how it affected the belt fit, so I had to explain to my excited daughter that even if I get her one for her birthday, that she may not be allowed to use it on her seatbelt. I got to explain why, show her my booster or seatbelt? video, and show her pictures to show her what a good fit vs. bad fit is and explain what I'm worried it would do to the fit.

Anyway, thoughts as to whether this will affect fit?

https://www.seatpetfun.com/dr?media=dxd120

ADS

Shaunam

It looks like the "head" of the pet will push against the child's face and possibly move the belt further over on thier shoulder. Not something I'd want to use in the car. I could see using it on Charlie's wheelchair though!

Kat_Momof3

yeah, I think they're nice for on a plane or to hold stuff on a scooter... but that's what I figured... that it was not going to be safe to use on a seatbelt... especially when part of the commercial talked about it keeping a kid from wanting to put the shoulderbelt behind them... that was the kid that made me have to show Ruthie why he really should have been in a booster seat.

Hopefully she'll forget about it.... SIGH

S

SeatPets

SeatPets were designed by a group of caring parents and, as such, children’s safety is very important to us. All SeatPets plush toys have been inspected to meet or exceed USA safety requirements. The children featured in our promotional pictures and in our commercial were all seated in appropriate booster seats for their age and size although the boosters are not always easy to see due to the angles and crops of the shots. The shoulder strap positioning of the actual seatbelt can also be misleading in some of the shots. SeatPets are designed to insure that the seatbelt shoulder positioning is not adversely affected by the SeatPet. The final design has a wider Velcro flap on the head portion which enables the head to slide from side-to-side on the seatbelt to allow maximum comfort for your child without affecting the shoulder positioning of the seatbelt. If anyone would like more information or has further questions, please feel free to send us an email at info@seatpets.com and we will be happy to assist you further.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Thank you for your comments!

I would highly suggest that any promotional videos or photos show the child restraint being used correctly, to avoid any possibility of endorsing unsafe transport of children.

I am not aware of any federal motor vehicle standards, tests or requirements that apply to products of this type. As harmless as they may appear to be, certified child passenger safety technicians will generally suggest that parents not use 3rd-party, aftermarket products that attach to or otherwise affect the seatbelt or harness system of a child restraint. The exception would be those that are specifically approved by the automobile or carseat manufacturer.

Kat_Momof3

I know that one boy did not pass the 5-step test... he was the boy who used it to "prevent children from wanting to put the seatbelt behind their back"... he was clearly not in a booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC