When did your child outgrow the True Fit?

jacqui276

How old and how big were your kids when they outgrew the TF RFing and FF? Post pics if you have them!

I am debating this seat for my little guy as a secondary seat as I realized from the Scenera thread that DS only has 3.5" to grow until he outgrows both his Via and Scenera RFing so I will be lucky if it gets us to 1 year, let alone 2yrs or beyond.

ADS

flutie128

I DD still fits RFing about 42 inches tall and she is 33.5 pounds but she is currently FFing in it with plenty of room.

rachelandtyke

DD outgrew by weight by 4 1/2, but still fit rfing by height at that time.
DD is in a booster now at 7, but still fits in the True Fit.

irishgirl

My ds and dd both outgrew it rear facing a couple of months ago. He was a couple of weeks away from turning 4. She was 2 months away from turning 3.
They both had plenty of room to grow height wise but had reached the 35 lb weight limit

ericarizo

My DD outgrew it RF at 4.5 due to weight but had tons of height left and is just even with the last RF slot. DS is 2yrs.8mos and is still RF in his at 28lbs and 35.5in. Tall.

Here is DS.

Last edited:

Spam

ds1 outgrew it rfing by weight at 2, and ffing by height just before 4. ds2 is 32lbs and still has tons of height room rfing, ffing he would be on the third slot, so lots of growing room for him

NatesMamma

DS still fits at 3.5 RF but is 34 lbs and so cutting it close weight-wise. I'm totally fine going right up to the limits on my seats, but at his current rate of growth, I'm guessing he will gain that last lb in 3-4 months. He would have tons of room FF.

msg221

All of the kids would still fit by height rear facing, but Zain, Ethan, and Katelyn all outgrew it by weight at around age 3. Nour (4 years, 3 months) and Chase (2 years, 3 months) would both still fit rear facing. I am guessing that Chase will still fit by age 4 as well because he is such a peanut, just like Nour.

And OP, if you decide on it, I have a brand new one in Swap!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
3y2m I stopped using it as DD ranged between 33-35# depending on clothing and food in tummy.

No idea when she outgrew it FF as I sold them so as to not have them sitting around while she RFed for another 1.5 years in the MR.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

gsdguenter

DD2 outgrew it by weight now she just turned at 35 lbs.

ETA: she is 3 yrs 3 months. We are only using it as a rf seat so now it's just sitting around because I'm not ready to ff her.

callumsmom

My son is 2yrs4mos 37"ish 32-33lbs and still rfing in a TFP. My niece who is 2yrs11mos 39" 31lbs still fits in it rfing as well. I think we will make it to 3 rfing my son in it, I think my niece would probably fit until 4. Forward facing we are hoping to get to booster age, we will see with mr. torso if he will make it until then.

armywife12

Mine outgrew it at 26 months in weight rf and, at just turned 5, would either have outgrown it FF already or be very close.

momtotwogirls

Oldest outgrew it rf at 4y3m due yo weight and still had a good 5" above her head. She has completely outgrown it now at 5.5y. My youngest is still rf in it at 3y5m but is getting close yo outgrowing the weight. She is around 32lbs. She will probably fit ff for another yr or so.

Stelvis

I bought ours when DS was 29-30 lbs thinking he'd have a couple years in it. He promptly had a growth spurt and gained 5 lbs in a few months. So he ended up getting turned FF about a month before he turned 3. He would still fit RF by height and he's pretty tall with a long torso.

jacqui276

Thanks for all of the input everyone!

I ended up buying a TFP that I found on sale for $159.
Here is DS trying it out first in the house, then in my car (it will ultimately be in DH's car but he doesn't want to give me back my RXT yet.. :rolleyes:) I like that it installs quite similarly to my via.

tf3.jpg
tf1.jpg

cmm7

Z still fit in it last summer when she was 7.5 (October birthday and this was in, I think, late July/early August). She was just under 60 pounds and was a smidge below top slots but there was literally NO harness left so she could not have grown at all and still fit in it.

essnce629

I just stopped using our TFP with DS2 this past month at 3 years and 3 months old when he was registering in at 34.8lbs when fully clothed with shoes on. He still had 5 inches of shell above his head though. I've since put the TFP ff'ing in DBF car which he rides in rarely and bought a MR65 on clearance to keep him rf'ing in our main car for another 5lbs.

When I first bought the seat, DS1 was 6 1/2 years old and still fit in the harness with a little bit of room left. At 7 years old he was even with the top slots. I don't remember his height and weight at the time, but he is average size.

I knew DS2 was going to be tall, but a lightweight, so I bought the TFP over some of the shorter convertibles hoping that I could go from convertible seat to a dedicated booster without having to buy a combo seat in between (like I had to with DS1). If he can make it till 7 years old in the TFP like DS1 did, then my plan will have worked. With DS1 I did infant seat, RA, BV, FR85 and didn't want to do something similar with DS2.

Here's some pics when DS1 was 6 1/2 years old:

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC