Diono Monterey has new LATCH straps!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Kathy (NannyMom) posted on Facebook from the KIM conference. Today in the post I got my replacement Monterey from our crash (ordered from Amazon).

From Kathy:
Diono has changed the Lower anchors on the Monterey. Instead of 2 straps together in the center, there is now 1 strap on each side. The hooks now are made to go on like regular lower anchors, as opposed to their "upside down" previously.

I don't have my van back from the shop yet (it should be done on Monday) but so far I really like the change. It looks a little goofy, but I'll probably tuck the straps up under the seat once I have it installed.

View attachment 17749

Last edited:
ADS

Mags462

Interesting.... however, i didn't really mind the current latch set up. They should have changed the belt guide to the old SK style, instead of worrying about updating the latch! :eek:

NannyMom

Interesting.... however, i didn't really mind the current latch set up. They should have changed the belt guide to the old SK style, instead of worrying about updating the latch! :eek:

They are not going to because now they are an IIHS Best Bet

crunchierthanthou

I don't have my van back from the shop yet (it should be done on Monday) but so far I really like the change. It looks a little goofy, but I'll probably tuck the straps up under the seat once I have it installed.

I'm glad to hear they're right side up, but I think I'd prefer the single pull strap. You don't have to get it super tight, and I think it would be easier to only have one adjuster to loosen when uninstalling.

I always tuck mine under the seat. :cool:

They are not going to because now they are an IIHS Best Bet

good thing kids sit as still as dummies. :rolleyes:

NannyMom

I'm glad to hear they're right side up, but I think I'd prefer the single pull strap. You don't have to get it super tight, and I think it would be easier to only have one adjuster to loosen when uninstalling.

I always tuck mine under the seat. :cool:

good thing kids sit as still as dummies. :rolleyes:

:yeahthat: and they are all shaped like the dummy too!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member

But it had 2 straps before too, just one on top of the other. Which was annoying to me because I could never tell which was for which side, though I could also never remember how to loosen them period :eek:

Kat_Momof3

that's the downside of the IIHS reports... companies worrying so much about being a best bet. Honestly, if they lurked here like Clek does, they'd know that they were one of OUR Best bets for the bigger/wider kids who had previously not had that many (if any) highback booster options.

I do like the two straps... it will make it easier to tighten.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
that's the downside of the IIHS reports... companies worrying so much about being a best bet. Honestly, if they lurked here like Clek does, they'd know that they were one of OUR Best bets for the bigger/wider kids who had previously not had that many (if any) highback booster options.

I agree, I think the "best bet" thing can be a misnomer and slightly misleading, although I'm glad for it when it comes to things like the AOE in booster mode - I think the IIHS reports got kids out of them in some cases.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC