Scored a Size4Me for $125 at Target!!

linneabw

Just happened upon it sitting there on the shelf. I have wanted to see one in person and was recommending this to my SIL. I don't really need it, so either I'll sell it to her or return it. I'd be curious what they'd mark it down to if I returned it.

ADS

atw

linneabw said:
Just happened upon it sitting there on the shelf. I have wanted to see one in person and was recommending this to my SIL. I don't really need it, so either I'll sell it to her or return it. I'd be curious what they'd mark it down to if I returned it.

What is going in here?!? No one can find it and then everyone who does gets it CHEAP?

I can't even find a demo!
Eta: sorry, didn't mean to be a jerk- great score!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
That is a great score! I need to find one, but Targets are too far from me to just go by and see if they have one. Sometimes living in the boonies is no fun!

Blondie87

I called both of ours and nothin. They thought I was crazy asking about a seat on clearance that they don't even carry yet or sell online. Sucks cuz I plan on getting one, but we never get any good scores at our Target.

linneabw

What is going in here?!? No one can find it and then everyone who does gets it CHEAP?

I can't even find a demo!
Eta: sorry, didn't mean to be a jerk- great score!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. But I did see that someone got it for $115, totally jealous of that! I couldn't believe it!

You know, I found one on craigslist in ND, they were asking $150 I think, brand new.

crunchierthanthou

DPCI = 030 09 1366

Guest Service should be able to tell you whether any in your region have them in stock- even on clearance. Maybe call and ask them to check.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I dunno if the person who labeled mine did it wrong or what, everyone else that has found them they're $125, it's weird that mine was cheaper!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
One in a box at the Naperville, IL Rt.59 location. There were none on display. See photo.

I still suspect a pricing error, but perhaps they opted for a different fabric and actually do have them on clearance? Regardless, it's a great deal on a very nice convertible carseat if you can find one at this price.

Attachments

• Graco Size4Me 70 Target.jpg
    Graco Size4Me 70 Target.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 122

linneabw

And the .98 means it will get lower. I wonder how low??

I played with mine. I like it, though I did smack both kids' heads into the side of the car when loading...whoops, guess I'm used to the radian!

Did NOT work in a Saturn Vue, worked nicely in both the Nissan Altima and Dodge Grand Caravan.

crunchierthanthou

I don't think that inventory thing is working in this case. It says Not Available (as opposed to Out of Stock) for every store in Denver, but I saw one at Northfield today.

Mugsmom

I don't think that inventory thing is working in this case. It says Not Available (as opposed to Out of Stock) for every store in Denver, but I saw one at Northfield today.
:yeahthatsad:

I typed in a zip code from another state and it showed one store as having it available. When I clicked on it, it was labeled as a "LEGO" product. :confused:

If anyone sees one in a L.A. area Target and doesn't want it, I'd appreciate a heads up! Heck, if you see one at a BRU, that would work too. Thanks!

anniebiogirl

I got one also! In Plainville, MA, and there was one more (almost bought it to ship to you desperate folks looking for one, but I've no idea how much shipping is, and I couldn't fit two in my car without unboxing). They were on an endcap, not terribly close by the rest of the carseats, so I'd almost given up hope. The pattern is called "Grafton" and it's a mix of gray and tan. It was $125.

It fits RF beautifully in our 2012 Ford Focus, the top portion curves right up and over the shoulders of the seats so my 6'2" husband and 5'10" self didn't have to even budge the seats to put it in, no kidding. I was amazed. I already ordered a Peg Perego PV 5/70 online to arrive next week, so I will post some comments comparing the two before making a decision. At first glance, I've not found anything to dislike about the Size4Me (except rather cheap fabric).

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I have the impression that this "clearance" pricing may not last for very long, so if you want a deal, don't wait;-)

Shipping is a real deal breaker these days on bigger/heavier carseats. It cost me over $60 to ship a seat recently via Fedex ground from Chicago to LA, and it was closer to $80 UPS and Parcel Post. I can see it being nearly $100 for the biggest models to go coast to coast, but maybe only $20-$30 for a typical size seat if it's in the same region.

I know they get deals on shipping, but I don't know how some of the big discounters make any money on matching or beating the lowest prices and still offering free shipping.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
FYI, if you ship Greyhound it's a whole lot cheaper. I just had a huge, oversized box with a 35 lb. stroller in it shipped from Minneapolis to L.A., and it cost me about $60. Took 3 days, same as FedEx ground would have. FedEx quoted $120, WITH a discount for having a corporate account. Someone has to drop it off and someone has to pick it up, but for large/heavy items it is quite cheap compared to other services. I shipped a large, heavy car seat from L.A. to Dallas for $24 and it arrived in 2 days via Greyhound, a few years ago. An Oobr from Oregon to L.A. was about $30 last year.

oliviacw

Amtrak can also be an inexpensive option if you are going between cities with Amtrak service. It's not always offered at smaller stations, but works for most cities.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC