We got a Size4Me, and it's not Branson!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I was at Target today, and swung through the baby section... much to my surprise I see a Size4Me box sitting on a clearance endcap!! I figured maybe they were just stocking them and it was going to be regular price... but it was $115 :)love::love:!!!) and I definitely couldn't pass that up.

Surprisingly, it's not the Branson pattern? I have no idea what it's called, I can't find it online anywhere and I already recycled the box. ETA - Darren says it's called Grafton and will be sold at Target along with Branson.

Anyway, pics:

8-16-12007.jpg

Rear facing - Sam is 4 in a couple weeks, 34 pounds, 40" and I can't remember his torso height but it's definitely short, he's mostly legs.

8-16-12009.jpg

Speaking of legs, VERY pleased with the leg room!!

8-16-12008.jpg

And this is the headrest all the way up. He was only on the 3rd click I think when I adjusted it properly.

Forward facing:

8-16-12014.jpg

This is the upright FF position (required for over 40 lbs)

8-16-12015.jpg

And the reclined forward facing position (optional for 22-40 lbs)

8-16-12010.jpg

Harness all the way up.

8-16-12017.jpg

Here's what the inserts look like

8-16-12018.jpg

Close up

8-16-12019.jpg

And one more. The outer gray is plush-y, the inner is a slicker fabric I don't really know how to describe. Almost like a winter coat, but softer I guess. I think it'll wipe up nicely - I like it!

My impressions:

- A little harder to install than I thought - RF was pretty easy, but FF in both recline positions took me some time to get it tight. I did have to twist my long belt stalk, and there's just not a good spot to pull the slack from (seat belt installs, I don't have LATCH). I got it, it just wasn't as easy as I think I expected.

- My biggest gripe though is the harness adjustment. It does not pull very smooth at all. I had to yank the slack from the hips, and then really pull on the strap to get it tight and it was still difficult. FF was easier than RF, but still not what I would call easy at all.

- It installed RF more reclined than I expected - from other people's impressions I thought it was going to be trimmer front to back but I had to move my driver's seat up (and I'm not very tall). I was well in the green though, I think with some playing I could get it more upright though.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it though, I think it'll be a great seat for kid #2!

Last edited:
ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Was there another color? I must stalk Target.

Nope... just this one lonely one sitting on and end cap - I checked the regular car seat aisle and saw no sign of them! And there weren't any shipping labels on the box to make me think it was an online return, so I have no idea where it came from or why it was clearanced - DOM is 5/2012!

Brianna

It reminds me of the Hathaway pattern, but it isn't. I like it, but it should be more prominent!

Does Sam like it? (the seat, not the pattern :p)

Spam

Great deal! I will be making a stop at Target, but rarely find anything. I thought Graco had said on fb that Target wouldn't have the s4m until January? Lucky you! I wish the pattern was on the seat a little more than just the inserts.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
It reminds me of the Hathaway pattern, but it isn't. I like it, but it should be more prominent!

Does Sam like it? (the seat, not the pattern :p)

I think? Haha hard to say - I'm going to use it for the next few weeks and see! We had just gotten home after a long morning of errands and a doctors appointment so he wasn't very thrilled that I was making him model. Hence the ipod games the whole time. :D

msg221

Didn't someone else post about this same seat yesterday? I swear she is in Colorado as well so I wonder if it is the same seat! She mentioned the same things as you, that it was the only one, no other shipping labels, etc.

Anyway, I am very envious! I am dying to see one in person!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Didn't someone else post about this same seat yesterday? I swear she is in Colorado as well so I wonder if it is the same seat! She mentioned the same things as you, that it was the only one, no other shipping labels, etc.

Anyway, I am very envious! I am dying to see one in person!

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=228789

And I'm wishing I bought this instead of a FR85! If they never had the 40" limit... grr..

Yeah I just found the post too! Crunchy is pretty far south of me but she's up north sometimes so might have been the same one? Mine was $115.95 though!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I love that! I wish the pattern on the inserts was on the seat. I am very jealous of the deal. :)

MyTwoSons

- My biggest gripe though is the harness adjustment. It does not pull very smooth at all. I had to yank the slack from the hips, and then really pull on the strap to get it tight and it was still difficult. FF was easier than RF, but still not what I would call easy at all.

- It installed RF more reclined than I expected - from other people's impressions I thought it was going to be trimmer front to back but I had to move my driver's seat up (and I'm not very tall). I was well in the green though, I think with some playing I could get it more upright though.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it though, I think it'll be a great seat for kid #2!

Awesome find! Glad you found a great deal!

The harness adjustment isn't easy on ours either. Usually I just don't loosen it, and sort of 'chicken wing' him into the harness...I find that works better!

Maybe it's seeing it in pic vs real life, or the difference in vehicle seats, but FWIW ours doesn't seem quite as reclined rf. I have the indicator all in the green, but it is right at the edge so that might account for it too.

I'm really curious if you had any issues with the seatbelt getting in the way of the crotch strap when installed rf? It seems incompatible with seatbelt install for rf in the outboard position of my 2nd row '01 Caravan bench, but I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. Latch works perfect though.

littlelutes

I found one at my Target too. It's pattern is called Grafton. I'm in Portland, OR. Mine however was not on clearance but was on an end cap and there was only one. Strange.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Target will carry Branson and Grafton. BRU will carry Odyssey and Thunder that you see on the Graco website.

I also find the harness is fairly smooth initially, but takes a very strong pull to tighten at the end, especially for my infant dolls. It wasn't as difficult to tighten for my 7-year old. That and it being harder to buckle than average (even for an adult) are the main drawbacks I've found.

As for installations, I generally found it easier than average using LATCH, but pretty typical of convertibles for seatbelt installs.

It is definitely not a small seat. It seems to take up less room RF than a Radian and perhaps even a MyRide, but it's not compact by any means.

Overall, though, it's a really nice seat, I think the advantages far outweigh the minor issues I've found so far at its price point.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Yes, Target will carry Branson and Grafton. BRU will carry Odyssey and Thunder that you see on the Graco website.

I also find the harness takes a strong pull to tighten for my infant dolls, but not as bad for my 7-year old. That and it being harder to buckle than average are the main drawbacks I've found.

As for installations, I generally found it easier than average using LATCH, but pretty typical of convertibles for seatbelt installs.

It is definitely not a small seat. It seems to take up less room RF than a Radian and perhaps even a MyRide, but it's not compact by any means.

Wow, it's strange to me that they're going to carry two neutrals plus all those MyRides? Interesting! Any idea why the clearance? I wonder if a few got shipments earlier than they thought so they want the space back... or maybe they're reprinting the manuals with the height restriction change?

The harness adjustment is definitely the major downfall for me - I can see the average parent struggling a lot with it. It doesn't hugely bother me because I rarely adjust tightness anyway, but it seems like most parents aren't that way. My buckle is actually pretty easy though!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I'm really curious if you had any issues with the seatbelt getting in the way of the crotch strap when installed rf? It seems incompatible with seatbelt install for rf in the outboard position of my 2nd row '01 Caravan bench, but I haven't heard of anyone else with this problem. Latch works perfect though.

YES. It did seem to lay right on top of the inner buckle slot. I haven't read the manual yet and I only installed pretty quickly each way but I will definitely play with it some more.

HaileysMommy

Here is my questions...can I take the old style buckle off my Nauti and use it on the s4m? :D probably not but I'd be tempted!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC