News Britax changes stance on use with Inflatable seat belts

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Yay!!! I just Got the following email. Is this old news here?

I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know BRITAX has recently modified out position regarding the use of FORD Inflatable seat belt systems when installing a BRITAX car seat.

Please find our revised FAQ on: http://www.britaxusa.com/support/faq/installation-questions which includes the short version of the FAQ and includes this link to the lengthy direction by platform: http://www.britaxusa.com/support/inflatable-seat-belt-policy.

Q. Can I use an inflatable seat belt to install my BRITAX car seat?

A. Yes- BRITAX has revised its recommendations and based upon an analysis of vehicle seat belt system testing results, the current Ford Motor Company Inflatable seat belt system is approved for use with all BRITAX car seats made to date. BRITAX will continue to evaluate information provided by automobile inflatable seat belt manufacturers and may revise these recommendations as new data becomes available. When installing a BRITAX car seat with a harness and a Ford inflatable seat belt, please see…………

A PDF file has been posted on the BRITAX Advocate Extranet for Technicians to print off and use a validation FORD inflatable Seat Belts are now permitted.

<snip> (info for techs on how to get extranet)

Changes to our user guides will take time as we will make changes when other printed changes are required. We will be adding the following statement to manuals as able:

* This BRITAX car seat may not be compatible with every inflatable lap-shoulder belt found in all vehicle makes and models. See FAQs in the Support section of the BRITAX website for additional instructions.

We hope you find this information useful in your activities working with caregivers and the car seats. As always, that you for your participation and support in protecting children during travel!

ADS

monstah

I posted this in the tech forum a few minutes before but I should have posted it up here to rack up the rep. :p Awesome, right!?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I noticed several errors and omissions on their page that the FAQ links to. I posted on their Facebook wall pointing them out. ;) (Rear-facing Frontier? Eeep!)

cso1997

Re: Ford inflatable belts + Britax = yes!

Ah, now I wish we had waited on our Explorer. I have Chicco and Britax. I really wanted them for the non car seat passengers but passed because we have so many seats.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
ketchupqueen said:
I noticed several errors and omissions on their page that the FAQ links to. I posted on their Facebook wall pointing them out. ;) (Rear-facing Frontier? Eeep!)

Maybe they're secretly spilling the beans? :p

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
monstah said:
I posted this in the tech forum a few minutes before but I should have posted it up here to rack up the rep. :p Awesome, right!?

I didn't think of that till now. I'm sorry.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC