Need help identifying discontinued seats - Measurements/Data forum

MomToEliEm

There have been a lot of new seats released lately, which is making the measurements/data forums a lot larger. The convertible seat list now spans 2 pages which isn't always obvious that people need to click on "page 2" to see all the seats. It was suggested to move discontinued seats into a "Discontinued Seats" subfolder.

I am aware of some of the seats that are discontinued, but not sure on all of them. Would y'all mind helping me to identify which seats are no longer produced and sold? Just reply here with the seat name and I will move it.

Here are links to each of the folders where the seats are listed. Some seats have already been moved so that is why you may not see all the ones you might have seen previously.

Infant Seats list
Convertible Seats list
Combination/Forward Facing Only Harnessed Seats list
Booster Seats list

ADS

Brianna

Britax Diplomat 40
Evenflo Triumph (40lb harness version)
Safety 1st Uptown
Sunshine Kids Radian

These are still available as "Classic" versions from Target though, right?
Britax Advocate CS 65
Britax Boulevard 65
Britax Marathon 65

MomToEliEm

Evenflo Embrace (22 lb version) (I think!)
Looks like Evenflo still makes the 22 pound version as I found it at Sears and Walmart online as well as the Evenflo site. They label it as the Evenflo Embrace Mini.

These are still available as "Classic" versions from Target though, right?
Britax Advocate CS 65
Britax Boulevard 65
Britax Marathon 65
The Britax site shows a Classic for the roundabout and the marathon but none of the others so I moved them to the discontinued folder as well as added "classic" to the titles for the ones still around.

Thanks for your help in going through the lists!

Last edited:

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
How do you - or do you - plan to handle differences in Canadian seats? With our new regs there are now some differences in instructions, most notably with infant seats and handle positions. Since you were mucking around with stuff anywhere just thought I'd throw that out there.

MomToEliEm

I am mostly focusing on USA instructions, but if someone tells me the differences, I don't mind adding the info for those specific fields with a note on which is us and which is Canadian

I need to do a mass update for expiration dates as I know many changed recently.

Pixels

The Evenflo Chase/Express as we know it has been discontinued. There is a new seat based on the Maestro with the Chase name. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=228514

The Symphony is also being discontinued or already has been. Recaro Como, Signo and Young Sport are gone. Trendz Eurosport is gone.

I noticed there are not entries for the Evenflo Titan 65, SecureKid 100 and Recaro Euro.

All Evenflo seats have a 4 year minimum for booster mode now.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
The Evenflo Chase/Express as we know it has been discontinued. There is a new seat based on the Maestro with the Chase name. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=228514

The Generations is going too, right?

The Symphony is also being discontinued or already has been.

I thought it was the Momentum, not the Symphony that was discontinued?

I think the Combi Dakota is gone, and is the X-Fix available in the US anymore?

And thank you for doing this! I thought I was going crazy the other day when I couldn't find the True Fit on the list, it took me forever to realize it was on page 2.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Also the 22 pound version of the Shuttle is gone.

And I dunno if it's even possible to keep up with Dorel's ever changing names, but there is a 65 pound AOE now with taller top slots called the Alpha Elite, plus the Aquos and the Able which I think are both on the Chart platform? And there is an Eddie Bauer version of the Scenera 40 called the Sport. Oh, and the Maxi Cosi Prezi, and I believe the Priori is gone isn't it?

MomToEliEm

Thanks for everyone's help on this. I am working on getting everything edited, moved, or added though it is taking a little while. I just wish some of these manufacturers would stick to one name for seat and for others not to try to use the same name for different seats. It sure makes things confusing.

Feel free to pass along info on all these new seats as well as edits for existing seats.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Thanks for everyone's help on this. I am working on getting everything edited, moved, or added though it is taking a little while. I just wish some of these manufacturers would stick to one name for seat and for others not to try to use the same name for different seats. It sure makes things confusing.

Feel free to pass along info on all these new seats as well as edits for existing seats.

Also, I was thinking I bet if you did a role call of what seats you're missing measurements for - people around here would take them for you.

You are awesome for maintaining the whole thing - I refer to it all the time!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC