Question about AOE?

mommy2jana

I was dropping dd off at preschool this morning and I saw an AOE in the back of a car.

Were there ever any AOE's made that were 3pt harness without being an OHS AOE?

There was not an OHS, but it was clearly a 3pt harness because the harness was draped up over the top of the seat. Could they have taken the OHS off? Did they just rethread the straps wrong on a 5pt harness and end up with a 3 pt harness? I was running late or I would have looked a little more closely.

I am just aghast at some of the misuse I see at her school!

Oh, and on a side note, I was upset about dd's Pre-K class being in a different building (she would need to be transported by van there and back daily). When I picked her up yesterday, they told me they were going to change her class so she wouldn't have to leave the main building. I was freaking about the seatbelts in the van not fitting her and that lap only belts are unsafe. Technically in this state, on Monday when she turns 4, she doesn't need any CR. They tried telling me - well, on field trips she will be riding in the van. I quickly replied with - No, I plan on attending all field trips and driving her in my vehicle so that she will be able to be safely harnessed. The director and teachers know how neurotic I am about CPS...they said they would put out fliers about proper CR usage if I made them...they don't like all of the parents misuse either! Jana's Pre-K teacher's son also rides properly restrained in a Britax! I think ours are the only 2 properly restrained kids there!

ADS

sirrahn

You can't have a 3 pt harness on a ffing seat w/o a shield. AFAIK there were not ever any AOE with a shield anyway. The regular AO was available with one, but not the elite.

Sounds like they've just got the harness all messed up:(

mommy2jana

That's what I thought. I could tell it wasn't an old regular AO because it was a newer pattern. That is sad. :( I think next time I see them, I'll offer to help them fix it. I don't know who they were....I was at the daycare later than normal.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
We had a Cosco HBB come in threaded like a 3pt one time. The parent insisted she'd followed the instructions. :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC