Ejector pin mark?

MommaKellie

These seats have never been in a crash and have rarely been out of the truck.

Attachments

• DSC_2675.jpg
    DSC_2675.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_2678.jpg
    DSC_2678.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2677.jpg
    DSC_2677.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 56
ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Kellie, are you asking what we think the white 'stress' mark is on the seat on the left?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't quite understand what's being asked, but I also don't know what an ejector pin is. :p

If you're asking whether that discoloration could have been caused by the manufacturing process, I would guess yes. I would imagine its not a big deal, but it can't hurt to email the photos to the manufacturer to ask.

Unless that's not what you're asking, LOL.

Baylor

I don't quite understand what's being asked, but I also don't know what an ejector pin is. :p

If you're asking whether that discoloration could have been caused by the manufacturing process, I would guess yes. I would imagine its not a big deal, but it can't hurt to email the photos to the manufacturer to ask.

Unless that's not what you're asking, LOL.

I would also email graco with a pic. If they feel at all it is a problem they have great customer service. And that piece is I think 20.00 to replace if it is out of warranty.

Pixels

Ejector pins push the plastic out of the mold during the manufacturing process. Evenflo has a CEU on stress marks and goes over this.

Is there an ejector pin point on the back of the shell right there?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Is there a protrusion on the other side? Have you done Evenflo's ceu thing on manufacturing processes? They say it's more likely a manufacturing artifact if there is a protruding part, or it's symmetrical on each side, etc. If it's near a belt path, asymmetrical, nothing to push out of a mold there, otoh, may be more likely to be damage (shipping, mishandling, crashed and returned...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC