Will the TF take my child to booster age?

lovemybabybug

I have been trying to come up with a solution for my situation.
We spend 5 weeks in Brazil every year. Seatbelts there don't lock. I isntall and uninstall dd's seat several times a day, different cars. The first year I took a scenera and had to use the locking clip every single time. I wanted to poke myself in the eye. This year I was not gonna to that again so I borrowed my friends MA65 and having the lock offs was just awesome. I ended up keeping her seat but it expires next year. So I will need a new seat with lock offs. DD will be 3 1/2 when we go again. I was thinking maybe taking the TF and leaving it there and just using the Cares on the way back. I don't want to travel back and forth with it and buying a lighter travel seat would mean buying a maestro and having to use the locking clip again. Plus I could still possibly RF her next year (cars there are very small, not sure the TF would fit rf) The TF doesn't get used here at all, I was actually selling it but then I would either have to get a nautilus elite or frontier for the lock offs and I have no need for those here (have plenty on seats) . So if I take the TF and leave it there, do you all think it would take her to a booster age and then I don't have to worry about a FF only seat with lock offs? it doesn't expire till 2017, so she will be old enough for a booster before that. Stats in my siggy. Her torso is 12.5 inches. Here is the only photo I have of her in the TF (ignore the naked MA, the cover was in the wash)

Last edited:
ADS

jjordan

She's 3.5 and her torso is 12.5 inches? Yes, definitely, the Truefit should last her well into a good booster age.

ETA: whoops, read too fast. She's almost 3, not 3.5, right? Still, I think you should be good to go. :)

momtoo3

Ds3 is almost 4 with about a 13 in torso. He will definitely last until 5 yrs and most likely 6 yrs. There is a ton of growing room. He is about an inch under the second from the top harness slots and is FF.

lovemybabybug

It makes sense though, right? Just use the TF and leave it there? I don't know any other ff only seats with lock offs and it really wouldn't make sense to buy a brand new seat to leave there and the TF is perfectly fine and isn't getting any use. It is not my favorite seat but for the amount of time we will use it, it should be ok. If dd goes to booster at 6-7 yo we will still have a couple years left on the TF.

Joyofbirth

My kiddos have long torsos. And they last in the TF until what is probably a safe booster age. With her torso, I'm sure you'd have no problem getting her well to a good booster age.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes, it totally makes sense! You've already got the seat, aren't using it here, and it will last as long as you'll need a harnessed seat most likely down there (barring, say, it being in a crash or a mutant growth spurt where she gains 5" of torso in the next year. Which I have NEVER heard of, even my long-torsoed kids never gain more than 2" in a year once they're past 2.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC