A few things from the tech update from Britax

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
We took pics of a few slides that Britax had up, during out last tech update. Thought I would share.

First, the Britax lineup.

20120809_093506.jpg

The D-rings will be branded now.

20120809_093726.jpg

The gap. I know there have been threads about the gap. I am sure I have gotten texts.

Frequently Asked Questions

When installed forward facing the BRITAX convertibles do not sit flat on the vehicle seat- is this okay.

No, DO NOT try to put CRS back flush against vehicle seat back.
It is important to read the user guide for each child restraint as they do vary.

20120809_094019.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm confused by that slide about the gap.

Are they saying "NO, it is not okay to have the gap." or "NO, it is fine that there is a gap. Do not try to put the seat flat against the vehicle seat." ? The way it is worded, it is very confusing.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The two gaps there are showing are ok. Gaps are fine, they have tested the seats will the gaps and they pass.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Got it. That's what I thought they meant, but the word "No" made it confusing. They poorly worded their response.

Thanks!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I think the important thing is that the base sits flat...not to try to get rid of the gap if it means the base is no longer making complete contact....

christineka

So, the base must be flat, but the back can have a gap and that's okay? My friend installs her britax flat against the back of the vehicle- not sure about the base, though. I didn't know whether it was or wasn't okay. I'll have to let her know. She may need to buy my frontier sooner than we thought. (Her dd is tall.)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
So, the base must be flat, but the back can have a gap and that's okay? My friend installs her britax flat against the back of the vehicle- not sure about the base, though. I didn't know whether it was or wasn't okay. I'll have to let her know. She may need to buy my frontier sooner than we thought. (Her dd is tall.)

Yep. They are incompatible in my dh's truck. I can't get the base to sit flat to save my life. Probably over half of the base hangs off. The new generation isn't quite as bad, but it's still not a great fit. The Radian on the other hand, is perfect.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes. See, when Britax started doing RF tethering, no other company was doing it. Now that there are a couple more, she had to let us know that they are brand specific, and the new ones will be branded.

Blondie87

She said they are putting brands on them to show people that their d-rings cannot be used with any other seat, and any other company's d-rings cannot be used with their seats.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Blondie87 said:
She said they are putting brands on them to show people that their d-rings cannot be used with any other seat, and any other company's d-rings cannot be used with their seats.

When did this change? I know I'm not three only one who had used a Britax d ring on a Radian or vice versa. The Radian d rings are not long enough to go around the leg of the seat in my Explorer so I've always used my britax d ring.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I do as well, but like any part, except for the locking clip, parts are brand specific.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would say so. I am happy that they will be marking them in the future. Glad to know the part number as well. Speaking of this, I need to go order more.

bnsnyde

Our Britax one is almost not long enough to wrap around. It got sort of stuck and the whole Advocate I almost thought of cutting out...I was so distraught. The clip would not undo, and I had no slack. It was one of the most difficult un-installs ever.

Though, the Radian one is even worse for getting the clip to clip or undo.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC