Need to narrow down my list

twinmama92210

My twins will be 2 in 6 weeks, currently RFing in Tribute's. We have a 2010 Xterra. We sometimes have an adult in the backseat with them. I measured the twins seated in their seats a couple days ago. DS is at 14" and DD is at 13". They have to have everything the same so need 2 seats that are the same style. DS is 34" tall and DD is 33", DS is about 25lbs, DD around 22lbs. They have always been around 50% for height and DS is around 25% for weight and DD is lucky to be at 5% for weight. We will stay RFing until at least 3 (before I found this site my plan was until 2 because that is what the pedi told us).

They spend at least an hr a day in their seats and I had to remove the head pillow and the body pillow in their Tributes because they don't like them. They are big car sleepers and like to look at each other. They also like to be pretty upright to see out the window.

The seats I have on my list are: Guide 65, Guide 65 Sport, CA, RN and Size4Me. I went to TRU, Target & Walmart yesterday and only found the CA at TRU and Guide 65 Sport at Walmart. I'm leaning towards one of the Guide 65's but can't find much info on them (like the difference between the regular and sport besides the extra cushioning). Since they don't like the pillows in their Tributes I'm thinking S4M and CA are out and possibly the Guide 65.

Thoughts?

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would look more closely at the Radians, especially because you want to have an adult back there from time-to-time, as well.

The narrowness, the simplicity, and low-profile, as well as tall shell, of the Radian make it seem like an ideal choice. :)

HOWEVER, because your kids are on the smaller side, the Guide 65 might work just as well.

Kat_Momof3

the only difference on the different models are extra padding that is optional. with the S4M and CA, the headwings that are part of the seat itself can help support sleepy heads and may provide extra protection (at least from broken glass, if not more) in a side impact. Of course, just by rearfacing they are so much safer in any type of crash, so yay for you knowing they should be rearfacing.

Since you are buying for twins (aka, two of everything at the same time), I thought I'd check some prices first before saying what I'd go with. I think your best bet for narrow and able to see out the window, I'd go with the size 4 me. It sits up nice and high so that, even with the headwings, they'll easily be able to see out. Again, from what I've seen, it's so nice and narrow (a little more so than any of the other seats EXCEPT the radian, but the radian can be tricky to install, so since you don't NEED the huge weight limit for rf, I'd get the graco instead)

twinmama92210

When looking at RN's I was looking at the R100 or is it worth it to get the R120?
On the S4M did I read that they have a strict 40" RFing rule? When I looked at the Guide 65 yesterday it did seem to sit pretty low. I hate that our TRU only has about 5 convertible seats... Our Xterra's backseat is very sloped (I guess that's what you would call it) so I worry about getting a tight fit. I'm usually the one that sits in back and it is normally when my mom comes to visit, which is maybe once a year for a week. I can fit back there now with the tributes and I think they are around 18 or 19" across. How reclined are the S4M's? Wish I could see one in person...

Nimommyof2

I really like the Myride, I know the new model has some kind of cushion but my understanding is it can be removed same as the old one so its not super cushiony. I believe the Myride is an inch below shell but somebody correct me if I am wrong. I don't know how the size 4me compares we don't have them in Canada. My daughter turned 3 in June and still has some room she is just around 30lbs your twins sound small like her. I also have an R100 and a RXT I can post the picture of them with her in it about two months ago.(sorry the RXT and Myride pics) with their weight the R120 would not be worth it. She is 37.5inchs tall and has maybe 2inchs above her head in the myride and something like 4inchs above her head in the RXT which would be the same as the R100

Attachments

• DSC_0205 (375x249).jpg
    DSC_0205 (375x249).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

twinmama92210

I had looked at the MyRide before we got the Tribute's but they seem really wide and fitting 2 of those in the backseat would take up the entire backseat I think....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC