Tether Anchor in 99 Odyssey

ckelly626

Tether Anchor in 99 Odyssey - fixed pic!

We need a new (to us) vehicle. A friend has offered us their old 99 Odyssey super cheap with fairly low miles. It would be just to tide us over for a few years. Anyway, my biggest concern is top tether anchors for dds frontier. I want her in the second row but from what I've read there are no TT anchors for the second row. I had her look for me anyway and she sent

7773634872_a6c9c9834c.jpg

Is this a tether anchor under the seat behind the passenger seat?
Thanks

Last edited:
ADS

o_mom

That is the "striker plate" where the vehicle seat clips in if you move the passenger seat to the middle position. It is not a tether anchor.

The LATCH manual shows that for the 99 Odyssey, there are three tether anchors in the tailgate sill which may be used for either the second or third row. I'm not sure if they were all factory installed or need to be added, I think they need added if they haven't already done so. It is very easy to add them there if you need to. The part number is 82410-SE3-C01 "Plate Assembly" and they run about $13 for the part. You need a torque wrench to install them, but those can usually be borrowed at places like AutoZone. The third row seat must be folded down to use them for the second row. I think the Frontier has a long enough tether to use, but that may be an issue for other seats.

If you happen to be in Canada, there is a hook available which allows you to attach the tether to that unused striker plate, but I don't know how hard it would be to get one in the states.

ETA: <removed incorrect info>

Last edited:

o_mom

Fixed the cost in my post. Should be $13 and you can order them at the dealer or online.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Car-Seat.Org

StillThankful

Fixed the cost in my post. Should be $13 and you can order them at the dealer or online.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Car-Seat.Org

Hi O Mom--you helped me out w. my 95 oddy tether location:D

Here are two posts that may help you by Jeanum--same as what o mom said, can be tethered on the tailgait of 3rd row; however, there is no location to retrofit in 2nd row until 2000 model year. Good news is that it seems like you can use the 3rd row anchor for your 2nd row car seat :http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=728523&postcount=15 and http://www.car-seat.org/showpost.php?p=1347817&postcount=2

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
ETA: Also according to the LATCH manual, both Honda and Britax both allow tethering to an unused third-row seatbelt, so that may be an option as well.

The 2011 LATCH manual Honda section states "A seat belt from the row behind can NOT be used as a tether anchor." So OP, you're stuck with tethering all the way back to the 3rd row.

It does also say that in Canada you can order a tether anchor snap hook that allows the striker bar to be used as a tether anchor. It specifies only for Canada but it might be worth checking to see if your Honda dealer can order it? Part# 82410-SX0-000CH

o_mom

The 2011 LATCH manual Honda section states "A seat belt from the row behind can NOT be used as a tether anchor." So OP, you're stuck with tethering all the way back to the 3rd row.

It does also say that in Canada you can order a tether anchor snap hook that allows the striker bar to be used as a tether anchor. It specifies only for Canada but it might be worth checking to see if your Honda dealer can order it? Part# 82410-SX0-000CH

Thanks - I need to note that in my 2009 Manual. In the section on seat belt tethering, Honda is listed as allowing it, but now that I look in the Honda section it says they prohibit it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC