Foonf, take #2

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep. They said the headrest fabric would be non-removeable, but the cover for the rest would be. And they would sell a changeover kit (though it's expensive of course) including the headrest and cover, if you wanted to do that.

Rosey

As someone who has a nephew who has taken a pen and actually punctured his car seat cover, I would only buy one that was removeable/replaceable.

cpsaddict

Ok, I have an older Marathon and the new generation MA70 and the Foonf is MUCH taller than that, just based on these pictures. Wow, that seat is massively huge. I still think it's ugly, but I am just dumbfounded at the sheer size of it.

hope41more

ketchupqueen said:
Yep. They said the headrest fabric would be non-removeable, but the cover for the rest would be. And they would sell a changeover kit (though it's expensive of course) including the headrest and cover, if you wanted to do that.

I was told this by Vera, too.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
In some vehicles/situations the height is a plus- we're planning one for the third row of the Ody, make it easy to load/buckle over the back!

Blondie87

I don't see how the sides could be removable, where the side of the seat meets the fabric.. I was looking at it with Jess and yeah.. doesn't seem like it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, that's one of the things that was (earlier) promised to be redesigned?

If they don't, um, that may be a deal-breaker for a lot of people.

T4K

Ok, confession time. I feel like Rachel in Friends when she's trying to find her baby on the sonogram and Ross is like "it's right there, the white thing." I can't ever tell what I'm looking at when I'm looking at up close carseat pictures! It's really...embarrassing! What kind of car seat nerd am I? That being said, I don't get what I'm looking at for the first couple of pictures.

T4K

crunchierthanthou said:
The gap between the headrest and the seat. The redesign has it further back, hopefully reducing any potential head slump.

Ah yes. Thank you. I do understand now. I remember that being a concern for many.

bnsnyde

Good point Ketchup Queen, about the height meaning easier buckling in the third row. What age child are you going to use it for? FF or RF?

Right now I'm buckling a Radian RF back there (3rd row Odyssey). I guess I don't find it difficult but then again if I were pregnant I don't know I could even do it (very well at all!), the way I lean on my belly. (And actually husband at 6'4" finds it impossible and bumps his head).

So I can see how if we have another I might be wanting a tall seat back there! I just need some reasons to actually want one, lol. I do like it. I'm just really picky about my view if I don't have to have it blocked...figure the time will come soon enough when the kids are tall. I'm not super confident with mirrors at all. I need to do better.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It would be rf (to the limits or at least 4) for the baby I'm currently 34 weeks with. ;)

My husband doesn't like having to climb back there-the 6 year old buckles herself, as does the 8 year old, and the 4 year old is by the door. He prefers to lean over the back to buckle a kid when there's a rfer back there. So for that, a high seat definitely helps!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC